Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 40  Next

EU - Remain or Leave?
Remain in the EU 28%  28%  [ 12 ]
Leave the EU 72%  72%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 43
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:04 pm 

Cameron got hammered last night :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:35 pm 

heathcote wrote:
Could someone explain why there should be job losses if we vote out also the same people then explain the resultant job losses when the Ford Transit plant was closed down due to the EU giving 80 million euros subsidy to Ford to open a plant in Turkey which is not in the EU?

Big business and bankers along with politicians and unelected EU commissioners are the people looking after themselves but ignoring the needs of the rest of the citizens,it is and always will be an I AM ALRIGHT JACK and stuff you mugs who are paying for it organisation which is out of control.

We have a Local pastry firm (JUSROL) closing Here in September and moved to Greece as a sop, 265 Jobs gone in a place the Size of Berwick is seismic..nice one EU, your doing just great..Not.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:35 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
We have a Local pastry firm (JUSROL) closing Here in September and moved to Greece as a sop, 265 Jobs gone in a place the Size of Berwick is seismic..nice one EU, your doing just great..Not.

that`s what probably is going to be with other factorys/businesses linked somehow to the EU. don`t blame them, cheaper labour, less taxes etc. little example how it works for Norway:
http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britai ... KKCN0WI1VH
jobs lost and created overseas at the same time - priceless... =D>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:39 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
heathcote wrote:
Could someone explain why there should be job losses if we vote out also the same people then explain the resultant job losses when the Ford Transit plant was closed down due to the EU giving 80 million euros subsidy to Ford to open a plant in Turkey which is not in the EU?

Big business and bankers along with politicians and unelected EU commissioners are the people looking after themselves but ignoring the needs of the rest of the citizens,it is and always will be an I AM ALRIGHT JACK and stuff you mugs who are paying for it organisation which is out of control.

You can see the thinking behind it! Make/accept a country that is poor/on the bones of its backside,to then relocate at rock bottom ground rates for the company, and rock bottom rates for the workforce also benefiting the company.........the rich/poor divide gets bigger and bigger......a vicious never ending cycle - unless we get out.

Maggie started all of this by letting work walk out of the door - and the Unions (in the government pocket) watched.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:51 am 

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/v ... 725776939/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:14 pm 

captain cab wrote:
sadly some of the oaps will have died before the ref - how does that one work?

As long as they have posted their ballot.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:33 pm 

It will be the Stasi knocking on the door in the middle of the night next............http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06 ... mpaigners/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:23 am 

If this was a vote to join the EU, hand over power to Brussels, wreck our fishing fleets, allow 10 million migrants and pay £30,000,000 a week for the pleasure it would be 100% no vote

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:04 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:
If this was a vote to join the EU, hand over power to Brussels, wreck our fishing fleets, allow 10 million migrants and pay £30,000,000 a week for the pleasure it would be 100% no vote

I suppose in effect it is a Vote to Join the EU, you now have the same choice, you either vote to be in it or out of it, I wish people would realise that. the 23rd of June is Day Zero, we can choose to be free or to be dictated to by the Unelected EU decision makers...Discount the MEP's as they have no real say, they are just there to Window dress the EU in an effort to make look it democratically respectable which of course it's not..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:47 am 

Quote:
Discount the MEP's as they have no real say, they are just there to Window dress the EU in an effort to make look it democratically respectable which of course it's not..

See Brexit the film - It is a James Bond scenario for real, with 4 presidents and Meps who have NO real say whatsoever. As Bloodknock says....window dressing. In many respects our politicians could be made redundant, as is the same with the Welsh assembly who have to virtually go to Westminster with a begging bowl - please sir can we have..........! This will be the same for Westminster, who are already turning around saying that we cannot do this that or the other because the EU say so. We will in essence be no more than a satellite country, probably in time where they stick all of the EU criminals so that they can curtail them - welcome to the UK Alcatraz.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:41 pm 

It's commonly known I campaigned and voted a really big YES at the Scottish Referendum, I'm voting leave next week :shock: If the vote is to stay in the eu then it's back on the vote YES campaign for me, why? Because Scotland doesn't need a middle man (Westminster) to represent it's affair's on the European stage, I also don't see any benefit what so ever of being a part of two unions, we should automatically be allowed to go it alone, we Scots will probably be 1 of 3 countries who are part of two union's, the SNP know it's a win win regardless of the outcome but they are publicly backing the majority of opinion up here in Scotland, I accept first time round we YESSERS lost but in my opinion, if it's a vote to stay in Europe then the death of the British Union is definitely nigh, the British Union will lose its value if it's a stay, the only vote that truly saves the British Union is a vote LEAVE :wink:

It truly is for me, one Union or the other :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:38 am 

Private Reggie wrote:
It's commonly known I campaigned and voted a really big YES at the Scottish Referendum, I'm voting leave next week :shock: If the vote is to stay in the eu then it's back on the vote YES campaign for me, why? Because Scotland doesn't need a middle man (Westminster) to represent it's affair's on the European stage, I also don't see any benefit what so ever of being a part of two unions, we should automatically be allowed to go it alone, we Scots will probably be 1 of 3 countries who are part of two union's, the SNP know it's a win win regardless of the outcome but they are publicly backing the majority of opinion up here in Scotland, I accept first time round we YESSERS lost but in my opinion, if it's a vote to stay in Europe then the death of the British Union is definitely nigh, the British Union will lose its value if it's a stay, the only vote that truly saves the British Union is a vote LEAVE :wink:

It truly is for me, one Union or the other :wink:

I voted Stay in the Scottish Referendum but I might be more pro Indy if it meant true indy, that being out of the EU as well as the UK, it makes no sense to break the shackles of one union (the UK) just to encourage and endure a set of ever tightening shackles from another even bigger and more invasive Union (the EU)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:55 pm 

How much more corruption do we need.......................http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... ncils.html

This is one very sick EU organisation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:55 pm 

Is it possible to do a re-vote after this discussion?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:49 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Is it possible to do a re-vote after this discussion?

I'm fine with that. Tbh the scaremongering re "In" has only resolved my effort to without a shadow of a doubt to be voting out. Having said that......I am not overly confident that it will be the case.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 40  Next