Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 40  Next

EU - Remain or Leave?
Remain in the EU 28%  28%  [ 12 ]
Leave the EU 72%  72%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 43
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:50 am 

Why a revote? You can do it for real this week.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:14 am 

grandad wrote:

Why? It will give us "Outs" a chance to see if any of the "Ins" have got their head straight yet :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:40 am 

Cabby John 1 wrote:
grandad wrote:

Why? It will give us "Outs" a chance to see if any of the "Ins" have got their head straight yet :D

That would mean that the same people who voted in the original poll are the only ones who vote in the new poll and there is no guarantee of that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:23 pm 

Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU
The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

I haven't detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don't even go there.
I haven't mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.
Find something that's gone the other way, I've looked and I just can't. If you think the EU is a good idea,
1/ You haven't read the party manifesto of The European Peoples' Party.
2/ You haven't had to deal with EU petty bureaucracy tearing your business down.
3/ You don't care.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:27 pm 

and what do you want to do with those facts? do you think they'll come back if we'll leave? :lol: as I said before, it's gonna be even more factorys and businesses abandoning sinking ship, sorry... :idea:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:57 pm 

o-marek wrote:
and what do you want to do with those facts? do you think they'll come back if we'll leave? :lol: as I said before, it's gonna be even more factorys and businesses abandoning sinking ship, sorry... :idea:

No......but we can stop the rot. We can start the rest of our lives - and put the "Great" back in Britain.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:12 pm 

o-marek wrote:

you appear to miss the fact that its EU money supporting the moves - aka our money.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:36 am 

cabby john wrote:
...and put the "Great" back in Britain.

seriously? don't be silly, there's no colonies to suck them dry anymore, now they drain this little island as a revenge :roll:
captain cab wrote:
...EU money supporting the moves - aka our money

I didn't miss that fact, more important is that we'll be paying them anyway... our money.... to have exactly the same what we got now.... can't find any logic in that.... businesses are moving to the East cos it's cheaper and they will be, whichever we stay or leave, it's not easy to compete on a global market with highest prices... I wish my words changed into 5hite... but probably it'll appear as "didn't I tell you?" :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:04 am 

o-marek wrote:

Ah I get it, business in the EU is going to turn it's back on a market of 65 million people, and the other 160+ countries are also going to ignore doing business with us.......who needs to get real? #-o

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:03 am 

o-marek wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:50 am 

Just as a small example.
If we leave the EU, what will the price of a pint of milk cost? Will our farmers get paid any more money for their milk than they get at the moment? Will the price in the supermarket go up, go down or stay the same?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:08 am 

grandad wrote:
Just as a small example.
If we leave the EU, what will the price of a pint of milk cost? Will our farmers get paid any more money for their milk than they get at the moment? Will the price in the supermarket go up, go down or stay the same?

:shock: Do you think there will be a EU milk mountain.. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:04 am 

MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:
Just as a small example.

:shock: Do you think there will be a EU milk mountain.. :lol:

I think it would be called a lake if there were one.
I am just interested to hear what people think would happen to the price of milk as an example. At the moment, as I understand it, a lotof our milk comes from the EU under the free trade agreement. Will that still be the case if we leave? If it isn't, will the milk supplied by our own farmers be worth more to these farmers thus pushing the price up? Will the supermarkets who sell the majority of the milk in this country be forced to pay more for the milk or will they still force the price to be what they want it to be?
I haven't a clue what the outcome will be but others may have a view worth listening to.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:33 am 

cabby john wrote:
Ah I get it, business in the EU is going to turn it's back on a market of 65 million people, and the other 160+ countries are also going to ignore doing business with us.......who needs to get real? #-o

ha, ha :lol: hit the table and the scissors will answer... :lol: don't forget about the Commonwealth... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:59 am 

o-marek wrote:
cabby john wrote:

ha, ha :lol: hit the table and the scissors will answer... :lol: don't forget about the Commonwealth... :lol:

Hello o o o o o o.........can you hear me! The Commonwealth as attractive as it is - does not consist of 160+ other countries. #-o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 40  Next