Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:08 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
NEW Year revellers have be warned to be wary of “bogus” taxi drivers as they celebrate this festive season.
As party-goers enjoy the festivities in Dwyfor and Meirionnydd’s bars and restaurants, or visit friends and family, the last thing on their mind may be how they are going to get home.
However, the Licensing Service is urging people to make sure they used legitimate and licensed taxis.
The main things to bear in mind when taking a taxi ride home are that only Hackney carriage cabs can be hailed in the street (These cars should carry a blue plate on the front and back), private hire cabs should be booked beforehand and display a yellow plate on the front and back, and all licensed drivers should have Gwynedd Council driver’s identity badge.
Residents are urged to check these details before getting into a taxi as an unlicensed car and driver have not been vetted by the council and may not be insured.
Cllr Dafydd Meurig, Gwynedd Council cabinet member with responsibility for Regulatory matters, said: “We want residents to be able to enjoy themselves safely over the festive period.
“Our advice is to make sure the car and driver have all the correct Gwynedd Council licence plates before getting inside.
“Getting into an unlicensed cab is essentially the same as taking a lift from a stranger, people should remember to stay safe especially if they are under the influence of alcohol.
“Bogus drivers may also be undercutting legitimate taxi businesses.”
The council has offered other ‘top tips’ to stay safe when you are out this Christmas including carrying a telephone number of a trusted, licensed taxi company; booking a taxi in advance; ensuring your friends and family have a safe ride home and bearing in mind that sharing a taxi with friends is a good idea.
Anyone concerned regarding any vehicle purporting to be a taxi in Gwynedd, should contact Gwynedd Council’s Licensing Unit on 01766 771000.

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:38 pm 

edders23 wrote:
NEW Year revellers have be warned to be wary of “bogus” taxi drivers as they celebrate this festive season.
As party-goers enjoy the festivities in Dwyfor and Meirionnydd’s bars and restaurants, or visit friends and family, the last thing on their mind may be how they are going to get home.
However, the Licensing Service is urging people to make sure they used legitimate and licensed taxis.
The main things to bear in mind when taking a taxi ride home are that only Hackney carriage cabs can be hailed in the street (These cars should carry a blue plate on the front and back), private hire cabs should be booked beforehand and display a yellow plate on the front and back, and all licensed drivers should have Gwynedd Council driver’s identity badge.
Residents are urged to check these details before getting into a taxi as an unlicensed car and driver have not been vetted by the council and may not be insured.
Cllr Dafydd Meurig, Gwynedd Council cabinet member with responsibility for Regulatory matters, said: “We want residents to be able to enjoy themselves safely over the festive period.
“Our advice is to make sure the car and driver have all the correct Gwynedd Council licence plates before getting inside.
“Getting into an unlicensed cab is essentially the same as taking a lift from a stranger, people should remember to stay safe especially if they are under the influence of alcohol.
“Bogus drivers may also be undercutting legitimate taxi businesses.”
The council has offered other ‘top tips’ to stay safe when you are out this Christmas including carrying a telephone number of a trusted, licensed taxi company; booking a taxi in advance; ensuring your friends and family have a safe ride home and bearing in mind that sharing a taxi with friends is a good idea.
Anyone concerned regarding any vehicle purporting to be a taxi in Gwynedd, should contact Gwynedd Council’s Licensing Unit on 01766 771000.

top advice on the 4th of January :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:47 pm 

well cc not putting much up at the moment so thought i'd dig up a few stories to give regulars something to post about

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:44 pm 

edders23 wrote:
well cc not putting much up at the moment so thought i'd dig up a few stories to give regulars something to post about

He is allowed a break.Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:45 pm 

ven2112 wrote:
top advice on the 4th of January :lol:

Getting his advice in early for Xmas/New Year's Eve 2017.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:21 pm 

Sussex wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Nobody said he isn't just explaining to Sir kenneth of Mackem why i dug a few stories out :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:40 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Sussex wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Nobody said he isn't just explaining to Sir kenneth of Mackem why i dug a few stories out :wink:

what's with this "ken"" kenneth" thing you keep saying? , my username is ven, my real name is "steve" :? , i could understand a typo but the keys are too far apart tbh :? help me out mate ?? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:46 pm 

edders23 wrote:

he is a boring basdid anyway tbh :lol: