Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tory voters cry !!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:45 pm 

grandad wrote:
cabby john wrote:

Anyway one more try for an answer :roll: .........How do you think that your "Optomistic" outlook :oops: is going to benefit mankind, a policy that has already divided this country and large parts of the EU.

Sorry but I am not in a position to "benefit mankind" but I am in a position where by I can help the people who drive our cars to earn more money. As previously stated on here our completed jobs for last year increased by 95% on the previous year and already this week we have completed more jobs that the first week of 2016. How have we achieved this? by investing ALL the profits each year in new vehicles, this makes the drivers happy and the customers like the newer vehicles as well. We also invest in advertising which generates the phone calls so we can get more work.
There is no magic pill just hard work and something that may be a surprise to you, by not being greedy and screwing as much as possible out of the drivers. Our approach has certainly had an impact in our town. Others may do well to take a look at our business model instead of constantly moaning about "their lot".

All very commendable, tbh it is how business should work for both parties.

However that is NOT what you answered/implied to my earlier post..............
Quote:
Things have moved on

What is the point of "moving on" when it is in many cases to the point of being extreme? What (again) is the point of obscene profit................ if all of the money accumulated through profit is for a very small percentage of the world population?

I can understand moving on for the benefit of people! What I cannot understand is moving on for the purpose of greed as demonstrated by the increasing rich/poor divide.

If you think that you can stop progress by fighting against it you need to look at history. Did the industrial revolution teach you anything? Maybe you think we should go back in time when everything was labour intensive . And in answer to your question regarding driverless cars/cabs, then I would look upon it as another challenge/opportunity and not so much a threat.

My point is this; You cannot have a bottomless pit of (apparent) progress, when in reality it is greed, in addition they are burning the workforce as they go along. The economics/argument as such will not add up, as nobody can call it "progress" (another play with words), as the evidence garnered since 2008 shows that we have virtually stood still as a populous Nation, whilst the fat cats have become fatter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:01 pm 

cabby john wrote:
falkirktransfers wrote:
this is a political strike to attack the government by left wing extremists, harking back to the bad old days of the 70s . I do not support the Tories but you can't have unions doing this kind of thing. Union leaders are usually voted in on the basis of a vote of about 20% of the members .

It's a strange old world! All people seem to remember is what is purported to be "The Bad Old Days of the 70s". No doubt taking this line because they believe the government propaganda that says it was bad for us! All very similar to successive governments telling us we have democracy............we are "Told" that we have it - and people actually believe it!!!

Anyway back to the "Strike". History will show that whilst there was turmoil we nevertheless had wealth in the Cities/Towns etc, we had credible opposition to whatever government was in power, our young people could en masse afford mortgages, most importantly we had well paid jobs that the Unions and the membership fought for.

Any working man/woman who critisises the strike, needs to take a hard long look at themselves as you my friend have been indoctrinated. This is not about a company on the bones of its ar$e ie a company struggling to survive - it is about a company becoming even more greedy, a company willing to trash the lives of others so that the CEO/shareholders etc can live the life - the strike is about saving jobs, in my eyes very commendable. If we had more general actions such as this, then this country would not be in the mess that it is.

Exactly comrade very well put =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:07 pm 

grandad wrote:
cabby john wrote:

Anyway one more try for an answer :roll: .........How do you think that your "Optomistic" outlook :oops: is going to benefit mankind, a policy that has already divided this country and large parts of the EU.

Sorry but I am not in a position to "benefit mankind" but I am in a position where by I can help the people who drive our cars to earn more money. As previously stated on here our completed jobs for last year increased by 95% on the previous year and already this week we have completed more jobs that the first week of 2016. How have we achieved this? by investing ALL the profits each year in new vehicles, this makes the drivers happy and the customers like the newer vehicles as well. We also invest in advertising which generates the phone calls so we can get more work.
There is no magic pill just hard work and something that may be a surprise to you, by not being greedy and screwing as much as possible out of the drivers. Our approach has certainly had an impact in our town. Others may do well to take a look at our business model instead of constantly moaning about "their lot".

Bur of course the rail company's export their profits from the UK to subsidise Nationalised Rail Services in ~Germany France Holland and elsewhere giving their citizens cheaper more efficient Publicly Owned rail services which is why the BRITISH public want re nationalisation good on em =D> =D> =D> =D>

Some times grandad you need to consider your subservience to Tory Vermin dogma :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:54 am 

grandad wrote:
cabby john wrote:

Not belittling your views but the pie never gets any larger,you appear to have taken bites out of other peoples slices,while yours has getting larger theirs has reduced in size,its not a very nice world when you gloat at increasing earnings at the demise of someone elses earnings,or are you the onlt service in your area?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:26 am 

heathcote wrote:

Not belittling your views but the pie never gets any larger,you appear to have taken bites out of other peoples slices,while yours has getting larger theirs has reduced in size,its not a very nice world when you gloat at increasing earnings at the demise of someone elses earnings,or are you the onlt service in your area?

I beg to differ. I think the pie around here is getting bigger. None of the other company's have folded and none of the one man bands have given up. Yes it is true that we must be getting some work from other people But we are not the only ones here that have expanded over the last 5 years. The facts are simple the poorly run firms that rip off the drivers are the ones that are loosing work. The drivers are voting with their feet and are moving to the expanding firms who, like us, are offering a better deal to the drivers. Now if you think it is wrong for drivers to be offered a better deal than they have been getting for years then yes, we are as guilty as hell. Any driver who want to earn money around here can earn money simply by working for one of the better firms. Now there is absolutely nothing stopping any of the others from offering drivers a better deal or investing in better cars or advertising to get their phones ringing but they wont do it because they are the greedy ones.
Oh and one other thing no one has a god given right to their slice of the pie. If they don't provide the service that customers deserve then their slice of pie should shrink. Since becoming a limited company, neither I or any of the directors have had a pay increase and no dividend has been paid to any director. If we want to increase our own income we have to do as all the other drivers have to do and get out there and work for it. It is the drivers who have increased their earnings not the company.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:39 am 

Quote:
Since becoming a limited company, neither I or any of the directors have had a pay increase and no dividend has been paid to any director.
You nearly had me in tears.....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:32 pm 

Are you a company vehicle only operation? if so I take my hat off to you as being a responsible employer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:35 pm 

MR T wrote:
Quote:
Since becoming a limited company, neither I or any of the directors have had a pay increase and no dividend has been paid to any director.

No need for tears. It is a conscious choice by the directors to pay themselves just below the income tax threshold so that there is more money to buy better cars and re-invest in the business.
The managing director is paid £370 per month due to her receiving her old age pension.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:39 pm 

heathcote wrote:
Are you a company vehicle only operation? if so I take my hat off to you as being a responsible employer.

We have just started to allow owner drivers but at the moment there is only one of them. She pays 20% of the fares that she gets from the company but also does her own work and street work as well which she obviously doesn't pay anything for. There is only one other firm in the town with owner drivers and those drivers pay 20% of every job they do including their own jobs.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:37 pm 

grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:
Quote:

No need for tears. It is a conscious choice by the directors to pay themselves just below the income tax threshold so that there is more money to buy better cars and re-invest in the business.
The managing director is paid £370 per month due to her receiving her old age pension.

I understand how you will make your money up....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:13 pm 

MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:

Our joint income from my wife's pension, salary and my own salary are around £1700 per month. That is more than enough for us to live. We have no debts apart from our mortgage which will soon be paid off so we don't need to earn any more. If we do want to earn a bit more for say a holiday then I will go out in a car and earn it. I just declare what I take as income and pay tax and national insurance as a self employed driver.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:04 pm 

grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:

Our joint income from my wife's pension, salary and my own salary are around £1700 per month. That is more than enough for us to live. We have no debts apart from our mortgage which will soon be paid off so we don't need to earn any more. If we do want to earn a bit more for say a holiday then I will go out in a car and earn it. I just declare what I take as income and pay tax and national insurance as a self employed driver.

As long as it works for you :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:25 am 

Lets have a look at a Train operating company, non of them own the trains, they are owned by ROSCOS (Rolling Stock Companies) set up by the Tories when they privatised the Railways. The Train Operating Companies lease the Rolling Stock from the Roscos at a price. The Train Operating companies then have to pay to use the line, the signals and the stations which are owned by Network Rail once again set up by the Tory Government AKA Railtrack which had thousands of Tory investors hence why they went all mardy when Labour dissolved Railtrack and made Network Rail. Try making a profit on a railway franchise nowadays.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:16 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Nidge2 wrote:
Lets have a look at a Train operating company, non of them own the trains, they are owned by ROSCOS (Rolling Stock Companies) set up by the Tories when they privatised the Railways. The Train Operating Companies lease the Rolling Stock from the Roscos at a price. The Train Operating companies then have to pay to use the line, the signals and the stations which are owned by Network Rail once again set up by the Tory Government AKA Railtrack which had thousands of Tory investors hence why they went all mardy when Labour dissolved Railtrack and made Network Rail. Try making a profit on a railway franchise nowadays.

some of them do :wink: courtesy of nice generous government support payments :lol:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:02 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:

THEY ALL MAKE PROFITS WHICH YOU YOU MUG PAY IN AS A SUBSIDY AND IS DISTRIBUTED TO THE SHARE HOLDERS IE FRENCH GERMAN DUTCH RAILWAYS WHO THEN USE THE DOUGH TO SUPPLY CHEAP FARES TO THEIR CITIZENS FFS WAKE UP NIDGE #-o #-o #-o OR THE BRANSONS OF THIS WORLD RAKE IT IN #-o #-o

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE