Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:44 am 

Tax07 wrote:
Thanks guys for insights . In the hearing will they question me on the issue coz I already given statement to them similar to that of the police. They said they are waiting a report from the police. Will this report be ,the police investigation of the matter . Will the police actually give the council the investigation records.Thanks for your advice wannabeeahack I am in trying to find a solicitor

you need one your questions reveal a complete lack of knowledge on what your facing #-oa lynch MOB #-o

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:47 pm 

Ignore Mr TT doom and gloom posts. [-X

Explain exactly what happened, and what the police said and done.

Just because the police said that they were taking no action doesn't mean the council can't.

It all depends on the circumstances at the time, and how what happened came about and why.

You must have an idea of the sort of questions they will ask, and you need to address those questions to the satisfaction of the committee.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:17 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Ignore Mr TT doom and gloom posts. [-X

Explain exactly what happened, and what the police said and done.

Just because the police said that they were taking no action doesn't mean the council can't.

It all depends on the circumstances at the time, and how what happened came about and why.

You must have an idea of the sort of questions they will ask, and you need to address those questions to the satisfaction of the committee.

represent your self and your likely get slaughtered ive repped very many drivers in similar circumstances and rest assured it aint no picnic ignore sussex on this occasion would be my advice...........................................remember they can deprive you of your LIVING.................i have seen a few rep themselves their now on the DOLE out of the trade and i have no sympathy for them only mugs represent themselves :D :D :D

No competent Trade Union official or Solicitor reps themselves ever!

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:24 pm 

Personally I would wait until I received the report from the licensing officer. In the report they have to put a recommendation. If they are recommending a suspension or a revocation I would get representation as TT suggests. However if they are recommending words of advice or no action I would save my money and do as Sussex says.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:24 pm 

I think somebody's having a laugh here, but this is what I'd do.
1) I would contact the police, namely the officer who is in charge of my case and I would ask him to put it in writing that they have no objections or concerns about the council re-issuing me with my taxi driving licence................"because if they do have objections, you're not going to get your licence back without a great deal of work.

2) If they do agree and send you a letter, send it in to your chief licencing officer with a copy going to the council's legal dept. asking them to re-instate your licence. And ask them to reply within 7 - 10 days.

3) If the police do not give you some form of documentation saying they have no objection to you being issued a licence again, then treat it as you are not getting it back. Make sure you get represented by a solicitor if you have no proof from the police that they have no objections. Even with a solicitor ,I have seen this type of thing drag on simply because they didn't check if the police had no objections. Just because your bail time has run out doesn't mean they are finished with you.

4) Before you allow yourself to be put before a committee make sure that you have everything in place to prove what you are saying, as to why they should re-instate your licence, because if they decide not to grant your licence back it now becomes even worse. From then on you would have to prove that they had been wrong. If you are not ready to go before the committee then cancel it until you are. A committee can be made up of councillors or even licencing officers or council employees, if the council have devolved responsibilities to the licencing section.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:14 pm 

MR T wrote:
I think somebody's having a laugh here, but this is what I'd do.
1) I would contact the police, namely the officer who is in charge of my case and I would ask him to put it in writing that they have no objections or concerns about the council re-issuing me with my taxi driving licence................"because if they do have objections, you're not going to get your licence back without a great deal of work.

2) If they do agree and send you a letter, send it in to your chief licencing officer with a copy going to the council's legal dept. asking them to re-instate your licence. And ask them to reply within 7 - 10 days.

3) If the police do not give you some form of documentation saying they have no objection to you being issued a licence again, then treat it as you are not getting it back. Make sure you get represented by a solicitor if you have no proof from the police that they have no objections. Even with a solicitor ,I have seen this type of thing drag on simply because they didn't check if the police had no objections. Just because your bail time has run out doesn't mean they are finished with you.

4) Before you allow yourself to be put before a committee make sure that you have everything in place to prove what you are saying, as to why they should re-instate your licence, because if they decide not to grant your licence back it now becomes even worse. From then on you would have to prove that they had been wrong. If you are not ready to go before the committee then cancel it until you are. A committee can be made up of councillors or even licencing officers or council employees, if the council have devolved responsibilities to the licencing section.

The first para here is fookin suicide INVITE the police to justify their actions so far against you ffs absolutely barmy, if i were repping you and you did that i would walk away leaVE YER ON YER jACK jONES #-o #-o

TALK TO a solicitor asap i reckon your gonna get slaughtered , but sincerely hope not :D

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:22 pm 

Quote:
i would walk away leaVE YER ON YER jACK jONES

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Probably the best thing for him..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:19 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Quote:
I sent the letter from the police to the council and they said i will be referred to committee hearing .SO I need some advice on this hearing will they revoke my license . I don't have any convictions whether criminal or motoring . This was the frst time ever I had contact with police whatsoever

the police judge you on criminal law, the council on civil law.

Might be helpful if you explain the difference with regard to him obtaining his licence back

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:17 am 

Hi guys I would to thank you all. I would like to bring some clarification on the case regarding the police .
When I was first arrested the police has placed me [ a bail condition of of no exercising as a taxi driver) .4 to 5 weeks forward the police informed me that there is no further action required in the case and they sent me a letter .on the letter is written ( cancellation of bail conditions ) I have given this letter to licensing authority. The problem for me is when will they give me a hearing to have a chance to explain myself
Ps

Out of frustration I did the police officer who was in charge of the case asking him why she did not send the report because the Licensing authority is expecting one and because of this I am not able to start my job I explained.
She said to me there is not raison why I should not start my job and she adviced that I should sent the bail the conditions cancellation letter to licensing authority.I said,I already did & they still need a report from you then she said that she does not understand but I can give them her coordination. But when I did the licensing autority doesn't listen.he just keeps saying he will call me when gets the report that he said he been told by his boss .yes I got a solicitor now he said he will go the hearin with that day.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:47 am 

Tax07 wrote:
Hi guys I would to thank you all. I would like to bring some clarification on the case regarding the police .
When I was first arrested the police has placed me [ a bail condition of of no exercising as a taxi driver) .4 to 5 weeks forward the police informed me that there is no further action required in the case and they sent me a letter .on the letter is written ( cancellation of bail conditions ) I have given this letter to licensing authority. The problem for me is when will they give me a hearing to have a chance to explain myself
Ps

Out of frustration I did the police officer who was in charge of the case asking him why she did not send the report because the Licensing authority is expecting one and because of this I am not able to start my job I explained.
She said to me there is not raison why I should not start my job and she adviced that I should sent the bail the conditions cancellation letter to licensing authority.I said,I already did & they still need a report from you then she said that she does not understand but I can give them her coordination. But when I did the licensing autority doesn't listen.he just keeps saying he will call me when gets the report that he said he been told by his boss .yes I got a solicitor now he said he will go the hearin with that day.
Thanks

Licencing officers and council officials are some of the most arrogant, obnoxious, lazy, incompetent, self-important people to deal with, but there are some good ones, just a few. They revel in the fact they have power over you and this power is the ability of making you wait. I've seen cases like yours take 18 months to sort out when it should only have taken a matter of weeks. If you can afford to wait then fine. Your main thing is to clarify when they are going to see you. You can check with the council clerks division as to when your case is to be listed for hearing. If they haven't got you down or nothing has been put in place then create a commotion. See your own councillor and get him or her to put pressure on. They have to deal with this in a reasonable time. If they do nothing then put them in the magistrate's court and let him instruct the council to give your licence back, if your case is as you have said.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:52 am 

Once more it would appear a Council riding rough shod over a driver if everything is true.

Why do people asking for help with licensing matters fail to name the Council involved?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:24 pm 

MR T wrote:
Tax07 wrote:
Ps

Thanks

Licencing officers and council officials are some of the most arrogant, obnoxious, lazy, incompetent, self-important people to deal with, but there are some good ones, just a few. They revel in the fact they have power over you and this power is the ability of making you wait. I've seen cases like yours take 18 months to sort out when it should only have taken a matter of weeks. If you can afford to wait then fine. Your main thing is to clarify when they are going to see you. You can check with the council clerks division as to when your case is to be listed for hearing. If they haven't got you down or nothing has been put in place then create a commotion. See your own councillor and get him or her to put pressure on. They have to deal with this in a reasonable time. If they do nothing then put them in the magistrate's court and let him instruct the council to give your licence back, if your case is as you have said.

Trevs last para cleary outlines why EVERY driver should be in a Union every union will have considerable political influence which of course can be used to bring these Licensing Officers into line and of course these licensing officers will normally be Union members themselves so cross union negotiations can take place behind the scenes :D

One thing for certain if the Licensing officer is an ex Copper he will be a dirty stinking no good barsterrrrd who will do everything possible to fook you up ive met plenty of them and got one the sack =D> =D> =D> and he lost his pension =D> =D> =D> =D>

Other drivers take note this could happen to YOUjoin a Union NOW =D> =D>

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:53 pm 

heathcote wrote:
Once more it would appear a Council riding rough shod over a driver if everything is true.

Why do people asking for help with licensing matters fail to name the Council involved?

Very likely in case the Licensing officer is reading the thread #-o #-o

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE