Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:03 pm 

grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
grandad wrote:
If you read the posts it is is clear that the driver had no extra costs and the additional time is seconds. The pick up is on the route and the students are waiting outside.

If you get more - in a fair world - the driver should too... though i doubt he will

The driver got the benefit of using a 6 passenger vehicle for the same price as a 4 passenger vehicle on all cash work for 5 or more passengers he received 50% more in the fare for no extra outlay. All the extra costs of running the larger vehicle were met by the company. The driver was receiving £17.50 per hour on the school contract. Now please tell me which bit isn't fair?

He was a greedy effer. I hope you are sending all this to his solicitor to show him what a cockwomble he's being?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:00 am 

grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
grandad wrote:
If you read the posts it is is clear that the driver had no extra costs and the additional time is seconds. The pick up is on the route and the students are waiting outside.

If you get more - in a fair world - the driver should too... though i doubt he will

The driver got the benefit of using a 6 passenger vehicle for the same price as a 4 passenger vehicle on all cash work for 5 or more passengers he received 50% more in the fare for no extra outlay. All the extra costs of running the larger vehicle were met by the company. The driver was receiving £17.50 per hour on the school contract. Now please tell me which bit isn't fair?

Wish someone would pay me £17.50 per hour with no outlay.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:58 pm 

Instructing a solicitor hes obviously a mug should have been in a Union rest assured had he been one my members Grandad you would have had plenty of agg on this despicable pizz take by you fully in line with yer revolting tory vermin habits ....................still he's clearly a mug and i reckon he's throwing money down the drain a solicitor ffs :D typica; SCAB mentality :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:25 am 

trotskys twin wrote:
Instructing a solicitor hes obviously a mug should have been in a Union rest assured had he been one my members Grandad you would have had plenty of agg on this despicable pizz take by you fully in line with yer revolting tory vermin habits ....................still he's clearly a mug and i reckon he's throwing money down the drain a solicitor ffs :D typica; SCAB mentality :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Go on then, explain what "agg" we would have got from your union? The driver was offered the job and given the price with the option to refuse. Had the driver decided to refuse the contract we would have sent it back to the Council and the driver would have continued working from the street or from office bookings. It was his choice. How many drivers do you know who get £17.50 per hour for their school contracts through a company?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:20 am 

Most Ph owner drivers in my area don't even gross £17.50 an hour in my opinion he doesn't know when he's well off.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:21 pm 

grandad wrote:
How many drivers do you know who get £17.50 per hour for their school contracts through a company?

you pay by the hour?

:badgrin:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:31 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
grandad wrote:
How many drivers do you know who get £17.50 per hour for their school contracts through a company?

you pay by the hour?

:badgrin:

No, The job pays £17.50 per journey and it takes 1 hour from base to base. Sometimes the car does not start or finish from base and may go straight from another job or to another job which makes the rate even more per hour. :p We do have some drivers who are employees and they do get paid by the hour.