Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:24 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
why don't jounos ever check their information

When Uber lost its licence to operate in London last month, attention turned to the black cab taxi industry which had campaigned against the tech giant.

Some complain that traditional black cab fares are too expensive, but how do they compare across the country?

Research by Private Hire Taxi Monthly is done on a monthly basis and compares fares for a two-mile journey by local authorities, based on four passengers. Each of the local authorities are also compared from when they last had a tariff increase.

The price of a two-mile journey for four people in Cherwell district comes in at £5.56, 222nd highest in the country. It’s a bit dearer over the border in Stratford-upon-Avon district, where it is 6.20 on average.

But in South Northamptonshire, it is much cheaper with it costing £5, 317th in the UK out of 369 councils. There is no data for South Oxfordshire. The cheapest taxis in the UK It’s good news for those in South Kesteven and Hartlepool (£4.10), as those areas rank as cheapest and second cheapest in the country respectively.

The Lincolnshire council district’s average fare of just £3.50 is a £5.70 difference from Luton Airport, which takes the crown as the most expensive place to hail a cab.

WRONG

More populous areas on the cheaper end of the scale include Sunderland and Preston (both £5.40), Cardiff (£5.59) and Portsmouth at £5.60. Those on the Western Isles get the cheapest deal in Scotland, paying just £4.20 on average, while the Blaenau Gwent area is the cheapest taxi spot in Wales – £4.30.

The most expensive taxis in the UK When it comes to the most expensive areas, those close to busy airports are unsurprisingly top of the list. Passengers going in and out of Luton Airport can expect to pay £9.20 on average, while Heathrow passengers will be charged £7.20.

The capital also comes with predictably pricey fares; passengers in Watford (£8.40), Epsom & Ewell (£7.20) and Dartford (£7.00) all feel the effect of being so close to London, while those in the city itself face an average fare of £7.20.

East Lothian is the most expensive Scottish area (£6.80), while in the most expensive area of Wales (Carmarthenshire), a two-mile trip will cost £6.00. Brighton (£6.80), Bristol and Leeds (£6.20) are all north of six pounds, while cities like Glasgow (£5.80), Manchester (£5.70) and Edinburgh (£5.60) hover around a national average fare of about £5.70.

More data here: phtm.co.uk/newspaper/taxi-fares-league-tables.

Read more at: http://www.banburyguardian.co.uk/news/t ... -1-8182803

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:37 pm 

Speaking to a girl in the car today.

She is buying a lovely 5 bedroom house in Leicester for £250,000, and she is very happy about it.

Her mate she was visiting has just brought a two bedroom basement flat down here for £410,000.

Apples and oranges.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:38 pm 

Sussex wrote:

She is buying a lovely 5 bedroom house in Leicester for £250,000, and she is very happy about it.

Her mate she was visiting has just bought a two bedroom basement flat down here for £410,000.

Apples and oranges.

is the correct answer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:09 pm 

Sussex wrote:

Her mate she was visiting has just brought a two bedroom basement flat down here for £410,000.

Apples and oranges.

depends which area of Leicester quite a few bits i wouldn't want to live :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:11 pm 

edders23 wrote:

That applies to me to anything north of Gatwick.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:18 pm 

Sussex wrote:
edders23 wrote:

That applies to me to anything north of Gatwick.

I take it you can't cope unless your surrounded by crowds of people :wink: Ah that explains the love of india.

Mind you it's getting very crowded up here now with all the hordes of London commuters invading the region

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:52 pm 

now every single paper in Britain is picking this up based on the false and inaccurate figures published by PHTM magazine

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/uk/taxi-prices-black-cab-fares-compare-uk/

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-s-taxi-fares-named-among-cheapest-in-the-country-1-8792466

just great drivers in SKDC are being made to look like the laughing stock of the industry all because those IDIOTS at PHTM magazine are useless at maths or checking their DATA

If I could afford it I would sue them :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:08 pm 

edders23 wrote:
now every single paper in Britain is picking this up based on the false and inaccurate figures published by PHTM magazine

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-s-taxi-fares-named-among-cheapest-in-the-country-1-8792466

just great drivers in SKDC are being made to look like the laughing stock of the industry all because those IDIOTS at PHTM magazine are useless at maths or checking their DATA

If I could afford it I would sue them :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I am led to believe that the data is supplied to PHTM by the Licensing Authorities themselves,I think you should apologise to the people at PHTM as they are not idiots and if the drivers of SKDC feel that they are being made the laughing stock of the industry they brought it upon themselves and to correct matter should request that the Licensing Authority reverts back to the fixing of fares.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:28 pm 

heathcote wrote:
edders23 wrote:

I am led to believe that the data is supplied to PHTM by the Licensing Authorities themselves,I think you should apologise to the people at PHTM as they are not idiots and if the drivers of SKDC feel that they are being made the laughing stock of the industry they brought it upon themselves and to correct matter should request that the Licensing Authority reverts back to the fixing of fares.

The council would have supplied an ACTUAL table of fares but PHTM people have mis-read it and put down the 1 mile price as the two mile price #-o #-o #-o

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:28 pm 

and another one has picked this up and published the FALSE data

Dacorum

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:39 pm 

edders23 wrote:
and another one has picked this up and published the FALSE data

Dacorum

In this months P/H magazine there is a vehicle age limit survey,included is the number of licenses where the Council exercise their right to limit numbers.

P/H monthly staff have used the information provided by licensing authorities,according to the information in the survey the limit of licenses in my licensing area has been reduced by 10%,the Council have not informed me of this reduction,I am not blaming the magazine staff for printing misleading information.
The blame lies solely with the numpty Official who supplied the magazine with untruthful information(this person is not fit and proper to be employed in the position of licensing Officer).
I know who sent this information and am waiting to see how they are going to try and wriggle off this hook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:23 pm 

heathcote wrote:
I know who sent this information and am waiting to see how they are going to try and wriggle off this hook

In the grand scale of things does it really matter?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:11 pm 

Sussex wrote:

Ahh there's a grand scheme is there?

tell me more of this grand scheme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:41 pm 

Had someone phone me up tonight they are attending a wedding in the area next week and based on reading the newspaper article worked out that they could get from the George to the venue 4 miles away for a £5 suffice to say they won't be using us and will be reporting us to the council for not doing it at that price

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:48 am 

Sussex wrote:
heathcote wrote:

In your neck of the woods it would appear you are prepared to allow Licensing Officers to tell lies without challenging them and ensuring the truth is put in the public domain.
We are not prepared to stand by and say nothing when lies are put into the public domain that is the big difference between us and you southerners.