Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:30 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
meeeowww

‘Thanks for the war, now you have to pay’ is the message to the UK from the EU Commission President.

Speaking a day after the Brexit talks were described as “deadlocked” by the EU’s chief negotiator, Jean-Claude Juncker accused the UK being unwilling to compromise over the divorce bill.

Juncker insisted the British “have to pay” if they want talks to begin on a future trade deal between the UK and the EU.

In a debate at a university in his native Luxembourg, Juncker was brutally honest in his assessment of the Brexit talks.

He said: “The British are discovering, as we are, day after day new problems. That’s the reason why this process will take longer than initially thought.

“We cannot find for the time being a real compromise as far as the remaining financial commitments of the UK are concerned.

“As we are not able to do this we will not be able to say in the European Council in October that now we can move to the second phase of negotiations.

“They have to pay, they have to pay, not in an impossible way. I’m not in a revenge mood. I’m not hating the British. The Europeans have to be grateful for so many things Britain has brought to Europe before war, during war, after war. But now they have to pay.”

Juncker, who is well-known in Brussels circles for adopting a Nigel Farage-style approach to alcohol, used a metaphor about buying a round of drinks in a bar to explain the stalemate.

He said: “If you are sitting at a bar and ordering 28 beers and then suddenly some of your colleagues are leaving, it’s ok but they have to pay, they have to pay.”

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:04 pm 

tell them to f*ck off

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:12 pm 

The Germans run the EU and Junckers is their puppet at the EU, they want us to Pay a £100 billion for having the audacity to leave the EU peacefully as is our right to do so...yet the Germans nearly destroyed Europe not once but twice within the last one hundred years and not even they faced a reparation bill as big as that which the German led EU wants to lump on us....indeed the Germans never even settled their $23.5 Billion bill with the rest of the world, They still owe us £billions so they can deduct that Debt from our EU Bill to the point where they still owe us Billions and we owe them feck all.

How much did Germany pay in reparations for its role in World War II?

According to Potsdam Conference held between July 17 and August 2, 1945, Germany was to pay the Allies US $23 billion mainly in machinery and manufacturing plants.

War Reparations to the Soviet Union had stopped in 1953.

Germany finished paying its reparation responsibilities to Britain, France and the US in 1988 for its reperation resonsibilities of WWI, but it still owes $303,254,000.00 US Dollar which won't be paid off until 2034 for its reperation responsibilities of WWII.

Germany paid reparations to Israel $251.25 million USD and to the World Jewish Congress $1.67 billion USD to help compensate survivors.

Now when it comes to shirking on a debt It's not the UK that Junkers should be looking towards but his Bosses in Germany.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:15 pm 

captain cab wrote:
tell them to f*ck off

Loudly..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:13 am 

I would love to know if the EU have actually put a figure on the cost of leaving or if we have put a figure on what we are willing to pay. Then we could see how far apart the 2 sides are.
I wonder how many people have changed their minds about Brexit since the non negotiations have started? By that I mean how many people who wanted to remain now want to leave.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:29 pm 

grandad wrote:
I would love to know if the EU have actually put a figure on the cost of leaving or if we have put a figure on what we are willing to pay. Then we could see how far apart the 2 sides are.
I wonder how many people have changed their minds about Brexit since the non negotiations have started? By that I mean how many people who wanted to remain now want to leave.

I would like to know how much it has cost each one of us who contribute to the tax revenue of this country since we first joined the EEC/EU.
The only thing that has benefited from being in this corrupt organisation is big business,the population as a whole have lost out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:15 pm 

grandad wrote:

listening to an interview on the radio the other day apparently the EU are asking britain to make an offer and Britain are asking the EU how much hence the stalemate :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 pm 

edders23 wrote:
listening to an interview on the radio the other day apparently the EU are asking britain to make an offer and Britain are asking the EU how much hence the stalemate :lol:

Offer them f*** all then.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:14 pm 

Sussex wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Offer them f*** all then.

better still, tell them they owe us

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:43 am 

heathcote wrote:
grandad wrote:

I would like to know how much it has cost each one of us who contribute to the tax revenue of this country since we first joined the EEC/EU.
The only thing that has benefited from being in this corrupt organisation is big business,the population as a whole have lost out.
That simply is not true.
Money from the EU has helped all of us in various ways. Farm subsidies have kept some prices lower than they would have been which we all get the benefit from. Many infrastructure projects would not have gone ahead without money from the EU and don't forget that you or your parents would have personally benefitted when the EU shared out the butter mountain and the beef mountain. Mind you I don't remember getting a share of the wine lake.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:47 am 

edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:

I heard it a bit different in that we have made an offer and Junker just says it is not enough. We increased the offer and he still said "not enough" but as you say, he hasn't actually stated what would be enough. Which to my mind is not a negotiation.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:12 pm 

grandad wrote:
heathcote wrote:
grandad wrote:

That simply is not true.
Money from the EU has helped all of us in various ways. Farm subsidies have kept some prices lower than they would have been which we all get the benefit from. Many infrastructure projects would not have gone ahead without money from the EU and don't forget that you or your parents would have personally benefitted when the EU shared out the butter mountain and the beef mountain. Mind you I don't remember getting a share of the wine lake.

The butter ,beef mountain and wine lake were never shared out to all the population,they were artificially created to keep prices high exactly the same as now farmers being paid not to grow produce.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:43 pm 

grandad wrote:
heathcote wrote:
grandad wrote:

That simply is not true.

Seriously??

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:48 am 

grandad wrote:
Mind you I don't remember getting a share of the wine lake.

Probably because you weren't an EU free loader living in Brussels :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:06 pm 

The only thing that has benefited from being in this corrupt organisation is big business,the population as a whole have lost out.[/quote]

Indeed how much #-o #-o #-o #-o of course us on the LEFT said do not go into this filhty capatalist SH!T heap but yer did YOU fekking morons :D

pay fekk all easy aint it :wink: :wink: :wink:

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE