Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:03 am 

edders23 wrote:
Had someone phone me up tonight they are attending a wedding in the area next week and based on reading the newspaper article worked out that they could get from the George to the venue 4 miles away for a £5 suffice to say they won't be using us and will be reporting us to the council for not doing it at that price

How unlucky can you ge? The story seems to have appeared in two local rags 50 or more miles away from you and someone who has read the article all that way away and happens to be coming to your area and ring you for a cjeap taxi when they are staying at probably the most expensive hotel in the area. With luck like that I wouldn't bother with the lottery this week..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:13 pm 

heathcote wrote:
In your neck of the woods it would appear you are prepared to allow Licensing Officers to tell lies without challenging them and ensuring the truth is put in the public domain.
We are not prepared to stand by and say nothing when lies are put into the public domain that is the big difference between us and you southerners.

How do you know it was your LO who was at fault?

It could have been the publisher, especially as they are dealing with so many numbers.

But even if it was your LO, so f***ing what?

Even they are permitted to make minor clerical errors from time to time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:57 pm 

Sussex wrote:
heathcote wrote:
In your neck of the woods it would appear you are prepared to allow Licensing Officers to tell lies without challenging them and ensuring the truth is put in the public domain.
We are not prepared to stand by and say nothing when lies are put into the public domain that is the big difference between us and you southerners.

How do you know it was your LO who was at fault?

It could have been the publisher, especially as they are dealing with so many numbers.

But even if it was your LO, so f***ing what?

Even they are permitted to make minor clerical errors from time to time.

Telling the press that a limit is 10% less than it is,I would not call that minor. Definitely a L/O at fault and that is 100% correct.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:44 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Had someone phone me up tonight they are attending a wedding in the area next week and based on reading the newspaper article worked out that they could get from the George to the venue 4 miles away for a £5 suffice to say they won't be using us and will be reporting us to the council for not doing it at that price

How unlucky can you ge? The story seems to have appeared in two local rags 50 or more miles away from you and someone who has read the article all that way away and happens to be coming to your area and ring you for a cjeap taxi when they are staying at probably the most expensive hotel in the area. With luck like that I wouldn't bother with the lottery this week..

Apart from the ones listed on here there are about 2 dozen local rags picked up on this story but put it in print not on line !!

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:39 am 

I am amazed that anyone visiting certain areas actually associate some towns with the licensing authorities. For instance who would think that Grantham and Stamford were in an area called South Kesteven or would know that Skegness was in East Lindsey or Hemel Hempstesd is in Dacorum. Some places have some strange names.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:57 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
I am amazed that anyone visiting certain areas actually associate some towns with the licensing authorities. For instance who would think that Grantham and Stamford were in an area called South Kesteven or would know that Skegness was in East Lindsey or Hemel Hempstesd is in Dacorum. Some places have some strange names.

probably originally from stamford and live in an area where article printed. Don't forget in areas like ours people who grow up and go to school have little or no prospect of work and the nightlife isn't exactly great for teenagers so go off to uni or move to a big city and visit for a family occassions etc. I doubt there's a council area anywhere in England that doesn't have someone living there originally from Stamford or Melton

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:09 am 

edders23 wrote:
I doubt there's a council area anywhere in England that doesn't have someone living there originally from Stamford or Melton

Melton has very tight security. No one escapes from here for very long.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:43 am 

grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
I doubt there's a council area anywhere in England that doesn't have someone living there originally from Stamford or Melton

We sub-contracted the Romans to build the wall to stop the likes of those from Stamford and Melton getting access to Gods little allotment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:45 am 

heathcote wrote:
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:

We sub-contracted the Romans to build the wall to stop the likes of those from Stamford and Melton getting access to Gods little allotment.

Cross border hiring?