Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:48 am 

Hi im new here and am currently setting up a taxi company in slough. Im going to be doing it ghe old fashioned way (pen n paper) till i cn find the right system. Any recommendations?? Also to add ive got a meeting with icabbi a d another with CMS.

Also what pda devices are best at what we need em for

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:56 pm 

haseebkhan1 wrote:
Hi im new here and am currently setting up a taxi company in slough. Im going to be doing it ghe old fashioned way (pen n paper) till i cn find the right system. Any recommendations?? Also to add ive got a meeting with icabbi a d another with CMS.

If you are just setting up, I think pen and paper will do you for a while.

Please don't spend or commit fortunes until you really need to.

I wouldn't bother with PDA's, just get an app and let the drivers work off their own phones.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:32 pm 

haseebkhan1 wrote:

When you get above 50 cars then consider a dispatch system. Of course get a computerised booking system but not a dispatch system. A dispatch system is only any good if you have over 100 cars and are getting rid of 3000 jobs a day.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:49 am 

What's the difference between a "computerized system" and a "dispatch system"???

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:13 am 

Nidge2 wrote:
haseebkhan1 wrote:

When you get above 50 cars then consider a dispatch system. Of course get a computerised booking system but not a dispatch system. A dispatch system is only any good if you have over 100 cars and are getting rid of 3000 jobs a day.

What do u mean by computerised booking system

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:44 am 

We have less than a 100 cars Nidge, and I can assure you that we'd really miss our dispatch system. Ide even have want a despatch system for ten cars given all the advantages of record keeping, accounts etc.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:18 pm 

Meter_Man wrote:
What's the difference between a "computerized system" and a "dispatch system"???

I'm guessing he means a computerized booking system, not a computerized dispatch system.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:53 pm 

Your comment seems to be misleading and lacking any common sense Nidge.

The taxi industry is a complex one and there are a lot of dynamics at play with many companies having different business models.

I don't understand how you can say less than 50 cars better off without a dispatch system etc.

It seems to me a dispatch system helps a company grow more quickly and efficiently especially if they utilize a booking app too.

For example, If you are running a taxi company in a major city then it would be vital to have a booking app. This will enable less telephonists saving huge costs whilst also minimizing lost calls. This is vital for small growing companies let alone the bigger ones.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:44 pm 

Coopers wrote:
We have less than a 100 cars Nidge, and I can assure you that we'd really miss our dispatch system. Ide even have want a despatch system for ten cars given all the advantages of record keeping, accounts etc.

After sacking the firm off who are using iCabbie I've come to the conclusion that any firm under 100 cars are wasting money with an all singing and dancing dispatch system which isn't fit for purpose.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:15 pm 

You must be joking Nidge! It would be absolutely chaos without a decent system at our place, the base ops and drivers would probably walk! Maybe you have had some bad experiences? All I know is that the datamaster system does its job and does it well. We owners are 30 years experienced so we know what makes owner drivers tick, and it's for that reason we only engage owner drivers. Not a single company car on our firm and no complaints from the drivers as the system is set to fully auto 100% of the time so a fair playing field!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:01 pm 

Coopers wrote:
You must be joking Nidge! It would be absolutely chaos without a decent system at our place, the base ops and drivers would probably walk! Maybe you have had some bad experiences? All I know is that the datamaster system does its job and does it well. We owners are 30 years experienced so we know what makes owner drivers tick, and it's for that reason we only engage owner drivers. Not a single company car on our firm and no complaints from the drivers as the system is set to fully auto 100% of the time so a fair playing field!

Datamaster now your talking, I've worked with that and it's bang on the money, no dead miles, more earnings it's a really good system.