Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:44 pm 

Hello

So the windows in my tx2 stopped working only the rear windows work. So i started with the basics by looking for a blown fuse. However the fuses were fine. Although i noticed a wire going from the rear window fuse and isnt connected to anything the other end is it ment to go to the front window fuse?. I have a picture here https://ibb.co/dTgnH8 (the red wire shown is what im on about) apologies for the slightly poor quality.

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:38 am 

Hope your aircon is good

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:12 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
Hope your aircon is good

Unfortunately not that broke quite a few years ago. Never got it sorted

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:59 pm 

The problem is the fuse holder itself....you will find that the solder on the live side is not making a good connection....re-solder it. it get's too hot...… never make the two front windows work together....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:09 pm 

MR T wrote:
The problem is the fuse holder itself....you will find that the solder on the live side is not making a good connection....re-solder it. it get's too hot...… never make the two front windows work together....

Hi MR T

Would it be better just to buy a new fuse holder? The problem was a few years ago there was no power going to the front window fuse slot so the garage put the fuse holder in so it took the power from the rear window fuse.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:18 pm 

Nathan12319 wrote:
MR T wrote:

Hi MR T

Would it be better just to buy a new fuse holder? The problem was a few years ago there was no power going to the front window fuse slot so the garage put the fuse holder in so it took the power from the rear window fuse.

are the back windows working...?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:57 pm 

MR T wrote:
Nathan12319 wrote:
MR T wrote:

Hi MR T

Yes they work fine using the original fuse slot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:36 pm 

Nathan12319 wrote:
MR T wrote:
Nathan12319 wrote:
MR T wrote:

Hi MR T

Then link a wire between the two fuse holders

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:12 pm 

MR T wrote:
Nathan12319 wrote:
MR T wrote:
Nathan12319 wrote:
MR T wrote:

Hi MR T

Then link a wire between the two fuse holders

Ive got some 27 amp cable so im just running that from the rear window fuse holder to the front window fuse holder ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:26 pm 

So ive decided to solder the connections. Ive taken off the back cover of the fuse box. So am i soldering the two connections on the circuit board?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:49 am 

Nathan12319 wrote:
So ive decided to solder the connections. Ive taken off the back cover of the fuse box. So am i soldering the two connections on the circuit board?

Yes.....I use plumbers solder higher melting point..