Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

EU - Remain or Leave?
Remain in the EU 28%  28%  [ 12 ]
Leave the EU 72%  72%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 43
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:15 am 

There wont be another vote....end of.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:19 am 

bloodnock wrote:

At the next General Election it will be open to any political party to put in their manifesto a commitment to have another vote.

Yes we will be out by then, but I'm quite sure the EU would allow us back.

But A, that political party will not get elected, and B the country will not vote to go back in.

Remainers lost the vote, despite all the major political parties leaders campaigning to stay.

Remainers might say 17.4 million were stupid to vote leave, and those 17.4 million are thicko's for believing all the leave lies, and not believing all the remain lies, but those remainers can go f*** themselves as we are going to leave the EU.

I believe this country is far better being out of the EU. The rest of the world is a big big place with lots of punters.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:20 am 

bloodnock wrote:

there will

a GE first then a EU vote, or even not if Corbyn has his way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:39 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:

Once we have left, any subsequent vote to go back in will mean we will have to take the Euro as our day to day currency.

Thus once we leave, we will never go back in. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:25 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I believe this country is far better being out of the EU. The rest of the world is a big big place with lots of punters.

tell that to all the businesses losing huge chunks of their trade because the French and germans won't trust to them to still be able to deliver after Brexit and are actively seeking alternative within EU supply chains

Brexit will seriously damage UK companies and for what ?

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:33 am 

Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

Once we have left, any subsequent vote to go back in will mean we will have to take the Euro as our day to day currency.

Thus once we leave, we will never go back in. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

We would have to accept a hell of a lot more than just the Euro.
What actual difference would it make to peoples everyday lives if our currency did change to the Euro? We soon got used to decimal currency years ago. More and more people are not using cash anymore but use cards for everything. I have a place is Spain so I do regular currency exchanges so being in the Euro would save me money.
I voted to remain.
However, as a whole the UK voted to leave and I accept that decision and after the way the EU has conducted it's self in the "negotiations" which is a strange word to decribe the EU just saying "no" to everything without any proposals of their own, I am left wondering if I would still vote remain if there were to be another referendum. I am fairly certain that I would now vote leave.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:21 pm 

We complain about our government but the last 18 months of being in the EU shows exactly why we opted out,we did not want to be controlled by a dictator, namely the EU.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:04 pm 

heathcote wrote:
We complain about our government but the last 18 months of being in the EU shows exactly why we opted out,we did not want to be controlled by a dictator, namely the EU.

the EU is not a dictator just a vehicle for France and Germany to dominate Europe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:29 pm 

Quote:
Brexit will seriously damage UK companies and for what ?

For freedom.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:29 pm 

The EU's on the Brink of Disaster, Italy is going to play a huge part in the EU's downfall as Is old Trumps liking for a trade war with the EU...

The remainers should be wising up to the reality that the EU in in it's present form is pretty much fecked.

If we don't go back in within 5 years there will be nothing to go back in to, the whole rotten place is almost Kaput!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:37 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
The EU's on the Brink of Disaster, Italy is going to play a huge part in the EU's downfall as Is old Trumps liking for a trade war with the EU...

The remainers should be wising up to the reality that the EU in in it's present form is pretty much fecked.

If we don't go back in within 5 years there will be nothing to go back in to, the whole rotten place is almost Kaput!

the Gerries and the French will be alright they own half of Britains utilities and most of our mineral wealth and Construction supplies if our economy does well the money will pour into french and german coffers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:49 pm 

edders23 wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

the Gerries and the French will be alright they own half of Britains utilities and most of our mineral wealth and Construction supplies if our economy does well the money will pour into french and german coffers

Actually they are "owned" by the crown. The right to extract them is given by a license that has to be paid for to the crown.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:01 pm 

grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

Actually they are "owned" by the crown. The right to extract them is given by a license that has to be paid for to the crown.

semantics :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:19 pm 

as I predicted

May is on the run, her [edited by admin] cabinet want her gone, a GE will follow, the Corbyn/Krankie coalition will have a 2nd EU and 2nd Jock vote

Hopefully at least Scotland can leave the UK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:38 am 

bloodnock wrote:

Italy already have one foot in the exit door as do Hungary and Greece. Our exiting will only speed things up for the others.

As for May, she was a remainer, how the hell could she negotiate a deal?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next