Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: kin el...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:54 pm 

Our LA doesnt seem to have an approved schedule/list of all fees regarding taxi/PH licensing so can make it up as the go along...

Post subject: Re: kin el...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:15 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
Our LA doesnt seem to have an approved schedule/list of all fees regarding taxi/PH licensing so can make it up as the go along...

Fees have to be approved.

They also have to be justified.

Send them a FoI asking for a break down of the fees, how they are assessed, and for the last three years profit/loss taxi licensing budget.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:48 pm 

Basically licensing introduced an upper age limit of 7 years maximum for plated vehicles but included was an "exceptional condition" age extension...after an "indepednent motor engineers" inspection (to be done at the existing test station...?)

they want to make charges for this but none exist in the charges sheets such as theyve sent me...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:25 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
Basically licensing introduced an upper age limit of 7 years maximum for plated vehicles but included was an "exceptional condition" age extension...after an "indepednent motor engineers" inspection (to be done at the existing test station...?)

they want to make charges for this but none exist in the charges sheets such as theyve sent me...

Not sure I see a particular problem if it's a new or unusual procedure, or one that may vary considerably in individual circumstances, or whatever. An 'ad hoc' fee, as some might describe it.

What I did notice though on your council's website is that while the fees page for 'taxi' licensing is pretty bog standard, it includes the badge fees and operator's fees ('taxi operators' :lol: ), but nothing about plates and testing :-s

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:42 pm 

Quote:
If you believe the vehicle is of exceptional condition, you must provide along with the licence application form a report from an independent automobile engineer, indicating the vehicle is in immaculate condition. This report will be available from any reputable garage. Upon receipt of the application, one of the licensing officers will inspect the vehicle and make an assessment. Should the vehicle meet the exception condition standards, the renewal would be granted for 1 year, subject to the vehicle undertaking a 6 monthly compliance check.

The fee payable would be £177.50 as it is an application for a hackney carriage.

Fee’s are being looked at currently and will be subject to further consultation, therefore we have to base our fees on the current approved schedule. No fee at present will be charged to cover additional administration.

For now ive won... but i bet they bite back somehow