Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:22 am 

Fife Pride participants horrified as taxi driver asks: “Are you going to the p***s party?”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/lo ... -ps-party/

Horrified revellers travelling to Fife Pride at the weekend were asked by a taxi driver if they were going to the “p***s party”.

The group said they were furious at being subjected to homophobic language as they were being ferried to the celebration of diversity in Kirkcaldy town square on Saturday.

One of the passengers told The Courier: “These derogatory terms are a relic of the homophobia we have faced for centuries.”

The remark was made by a driver from local firm Treble Twenty Taxis, as thousands of members of the LGBT community from across Scotland gathered in Kirkcaldy, for a day of festivities aimed at promoting equality and dignity.

The taxi company has since issued a profuse apology and made it clear it would not tolerate the actions of the individual driver.

The passenger, who asked not to be named, said he and his friends had had words with the driver, who tried to laugh his remarks off.

“It’s bad enough that this happened at all but for it to be on the one day of the year when it should be abundantly clear that this is out of order is just horrifying,” he said.

Treble Twenty Taxis said it had launched an investigation as soon as the incident was brought to its attention.

“We were absolutely delighted and extremely proud to be part of the Pride celebrations yesterday and the actions of these individuals is in absolutely no way a reflection of the company or its drivers,” said a spokesman.

“It has taken years of hard work and professionalism along with friendly and trustworthy drivers that has built us the amazing reputation that we have.

“Last night’s situation has devastated us all.”

He added: “We apologise for the upset that has been caused and we will continue to work so hard to ensure that trust is rebuilt…

“We are just so, so sorry.”

Saturday’s celebration saw the town centre turn all the colours of the rainbow as a parade led by Kirkcaldy and District Pipe Band got under way.

Organisers said the event appeared to have attracted twice as many people as last year, when around 4,500 with revellers flocked to the town from across Scotland.

Event manager Pat Greenhough said: “We need to celebrate how far we have come.

“We know we have further to go but it’s working the right way.”

Labour councillor Judy Hamilton, the council’s communities spokeswoman, hailed the parade as fantastic and added: “This is the largest crowd we’ve ever had in Fife.

“Be proud of who you are. Be proud of who you love. Be proud. Be you.”

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:18 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
20 years ago that probably wouldn't have been considered offensive but these days the slightest slight and it's headline news :roll:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:33 am 

edders23 wrote:
20 years ago that probably wouldn't have been considered offensive but these days the slightest slight and it's headline news :roll:

Did you see them down London parading around dressed like something from space? A friend of mine who's gay called them freaks on a local Facebook Group, he got called "homophobic." If you want to dress like that do it behind closed doors.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:57 pm 

used to work with a gay bloke back in the 80's both he and his partner referred to themselves as poofs. They were a perfectly normal couple in every way I got on well with them

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:26 pm 

edders23 wrote:
used to work with a gay bloke back in the 80's both he and his partner referred to themselves as poofs. They were a perfectly normal couple in every way I got on well with them

It's the new sort of gays that don't like the word poof nowadays, mind you they don't like anything do they?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:17 am 

Nidge2 wrote:
edders23 wrote:

It's the new sort of gays that don't like the word poof nowadays, mind you they don't like anything do they?

If you talk about such groups they are offended, if you don't talk about such groups they are offended.........you'll never win if your a straight talker.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:13 am 

edders23 wrote:

It's like when you call your mate a fat ginger t***. Its ok when you do it because it's a bit of in group banter, but if someone you don't know says it then it becomes a problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:03 pm 

Quote:
If you talk about such groups they are offended, if you don't talk about such groups they are offended.........you'll never win if your a straight talker.

Unless your name is Donald Trump.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

Mr Offensive seems to be on a quest to offend as many people as possible and the worst of it is that'll probably get him reelected by all the rednecks and good ole boys

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:46 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

I like Trump, he's a refreshingly non PC voice in an increasingly PC world....I don't agree with him on much but I do like his ability to say what he wants about who he wants without giving a fart over the consequences.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:57 pm 

Quote:
I like Trump, he's a refreshingly non PC voice in an increasingly PC world....I don't agree with him on much but I do like his ability to say what he wants about who he wants without giving a fart over the consequences.

I do like his ability to set the news agenda.

Yesterday was meant to be a big launch for Biden's health program.

One nil to Trump.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:09 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Quote:

I like Trump to. he's not afraid of upsetting the gentle snowflakes.