Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:13 pm 

According to Google the TT must have tailed the cab for eight miles before the attack :evil:

Men in an Audi TT chased a taxi driver from Christchurch to the Hilton Hotel

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/ ... ton-hotel/

Image: Bournemouth Echo

TWO men in an Audi chased a cabbie from Christchurch to Bournemouth before climbing onto the bonnet of the taxi and smashing the windscreen.

Police have released two dashcam images of a suspect after the incident, which began at around 1.30am on Wednesday, March 6.

The victim, a driver in a black Seat Toledo taxi, was on his way home from a shift in Bournemouth when he went straight across the Somerford roundabout towards Highcliffe.

A silver Audi TT, which had been in the left hand lane, also went straight across the roundabout.

The taxi driver believed the Audi driver thought he had been cut up and it kept trying to overtake as they continued toward Highcliffe.

At one stage, the Audi pulled alongside the taxi and the two young men inside gestured to the taxi driver to pull over.

As they got into Highcliffe the taxi stopped at a set of traffic lights and the Audi pulled in front of it. The passenger got out of the Audi and started banging on the taxi driver’s window.

The taxi driver feared for his safety and decided to drive back to Bournemouth as he did not want the people in the Audi to know where he lived.

The Audi followed the taxi through Walkford, Christchurch and Boscombe to Bournemouth town centre. The taxi driver eventually had to stop at lights near the Hilton Hotel in Exeter Road and again the Audi passenger got out.

He got onto the bonnet of the taxi, which drove a short distance before it stopped and the man got off.

The passenger returned to the Audi and the taxi driver went to move off again but was forced to stop by the other car, which pulled in front of the taxi to block it.

Both men then got out of the Audi this time and began punching and kicking the driver’s door and window and smashed the windscreen.

The taxi driver stayed in his vehicle and got his phone out to call the police, at which point the men got back in their car and drove off.

Police Community Support Investigator Martin Young said: “This must have been a very frightening ordeal for the victim and we are carrying out a full investigation to identify the men involved.

“As part of this investigation, I am issuing images from the taxi driver’s dascham, which are reported to be of the Audi passenger.

“I would urge anyone with information as to this man’s identity, or with any information that can assist our investigation, to contact us.

“I would ask anyone who was driving in the relevant areas in the early hours of Wednesday 6 March and has dascham footage fitted to their vehicles to check their footage for anything relevant.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police via dorset.police.uk or by calling 101, quoting occurrence number 55190027258.

Image: Bournemouth Echo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:42 pm 

Good image that, I don't think he'll be at large much longer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:10 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:

Reminds me of the cyclist in Blackpool a couple of years back when bent the taxi driver's wiper blades:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:31 am 

StuartW wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:

Reminds me of the cyclist in Blackpool a couple of years back when bent the taxi driver's wiper blades:

Did the wiper knock his teeth out or was it the smack he'd been taking??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:21 pm 

Two men due in court after taxi driver allegedly chased

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/177940 ... ly-chased/

TWO men are due to appear at court tomorrow after a taxi driver was allegedly chased from Christchurch to Bournemouth before his windscreen was smashed.

Police called for information after the alleged incident, which they said started at around 1.30am on Thursday, February 21 at the Somerford roundabout.

The alleged victim, who was driving a black Seat Toledo taxi, was on his way home from a shift in Bournemouth when he was involved in an incident with the driver of a silver Audi TT, it was said.

The taxi was then allegedly followed back to the traffic lights outside the Hilton Hotel in Bournemouth before the Audi's driver and passenger got out and punched and kicked the Seat. The vehicle's windscreen was also smashed, it is claimed.

Ryan Bradford, 18 and of Bridge Road, Lymington, and Corey Chambers, 25 and of Tithe Barn, Lymington, have been issued with postal requisitions for damaging a windscreen and using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent.

Chambers will also face an allegation of driving without due care and attention.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:26 pm 

Quote:
Ryan Bradford, 18 and of Bridge Road, Lymington, and Corey Chambers, 25 and of Tithe Barn, Lymington, have been issued with postal requisitions for damaging a windscreen and using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent.

Never heard of a 'postal requisition' before, but according to Google it's the modern equivalent of a court summons :-s

Anyway, according to Google (it's my friend) Lymington is less than twenty miles east of Bournemouth, where the incident took place. But it started between the two, although slightly closer to Bournemouth, but they chased him back to Bournemouth, which as I said back in Feb is about eight miles. So I hope they enjoyed their twenty mile hike back to Lymington, having almost been back there in the first place :badgrin:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:14 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
StuartW wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:

he looks a lot like Terry christian............probably the worst TV presenter ever !!

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:13 pm 

Quote:
Never heard of a 'postal requisition' before, but according to Google it's the modern equivalent of a court summons

Saves police time having to bail them, which would involve them coming to the police station.

Now they just send them a letter.