Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:40 am 

I see EMA have now got double red lines around the airport and some of the roads leading up to it, namely the A453.
Drivers are up in arms about it but why the hell don't they just park at Donnington services, less than 1 mile from the enterance to the airport. It is free parking and. you can use the toilets and get a coffee if you wish. We have our customers ring when they have their luggage and by the time they have walked to the rapid drop off we have driven down to meet them. No hassle, no problem.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:20 am 

Quote:
but why the hell don't they just park at Donnington services, less than 1 mile from the enterance to the airport. It is free parking and. you can use the toilets and get a coffee if you wish.

Because they are thick.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:24 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I do that if my plane hasn't landed you have 2 hours free parking at the services although late night it is one memeber of staff on at costas so you have to find them and ask to be served as they are usually cleaning or out back

the red lines have been there 6 weeks so 2 out of 5 marks to Grandad for keeping up to date but they are only following the lead of BHX. i'm told they made over a million in fines in the first 6 months but people seem to be obeying the rules and were using a mobile camera car which i have yet to see at EMA

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:42 pm 

edders23 wrote:
I do that if my plane hasn't landed you have 2 hours free parking at the services although late night it is one memeber of staff on at costas so you have to find them and ask to be served as they are usually cleaning or out back

the red lines have been there 6 weeks so 2 out of 5 marks to Grandad for keeping up to date but they are only following the lead of BHX. i'm told they made over a million in fines in the first 6 months but people seem to be obeying the rules and were using a mobile camera car which i have yet to see at EMA

Park where the cafe's are near the new Amazon gaff, when the customers ring 5 minutes and you're there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:10 pm 

Ahhh, the luxury of being able to say, airport? No thanks.....