Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: the end is nigh
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:20 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
following the vote last night and the inevitable debate and government defeat on leaving without a deal issue we are almost certainly going to have no choice but to withdraw article 50 and have another general election

its been a wild ride but I said after the referendum we won't leave and I think that is about to happen

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

Post subject: Re: the end is nigh
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:57 am 

withdrawing article 50 has not been mentioned on any news I have seen. The plan at the moment seems to be asking for another extension, the EU would need to agree to this and they may not. Putting forward an amendment to the current deal that has been on the table for months, the Eu would have to agree to that or going for a general election that Labour would have to agree to.
I can't see the EU compromising at all and I can't see Labour agreeing to a general election unless no deal is off the table.
However If Boris is thinking that after an election he will have a decent working majority is there anything to stop him from passing legislation to put no deal back on the table?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:08 am 

I think we are now in a stalemate situation the only way to exit the EU is for one or other party to win a landslide election majority and then vote through the bad deal the EU will not now budge an inch and will not let the UK leave with no deal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:06 pm 

have realised that the Remainers have been right all along when they say I did not know all the true facts before voting to leave, and it's true! We WERE lied to apparently - so I decided to do a little research.

I just voted to leave because I thought our sovereignty was being compromised by foreign unelected masters. That we were compelled to have unlimited uncontrolled immigration, our laws and export agreements dictated by Brussels bureaucrats - and had to pay eye-watering amounts for the privilege

However...
I did not know more than 10,000 EU officials get paid more than our Prime Minister.
I did not know that, unlike the UK, 18 countries get more back from the EU than they put in.
I did not know that the EU occupies over 45 buildings - 2 of which were purpose built monuments of grandeur and are the largest buildings in Europe.

I did not know that the EU Parliament spends 150 million euros a year moving to Strasbourg every month for 4 days committee meetings - and any attempt to stop this madness is vetoed by France.
I did not know that the EU has had a huge luxury shopping Mall built in Brussels for exclusive use of EU employees.
I did not know that every day queues of chauffeur driven cars, with their engines running, wait outside EU establishments while their occupants go in, sign in for their attendance allowance and expenses, then come straight back out and are driven away.
I did not know that many of them (like the Kinnocks) end up as millionaires as a reward for looking the other way!
I did not know that Clegg was lying when he mocked Nigel Farage for saying that an EU army was being planned - and Brussels said all along that it would NEVER happen.
I did not know that the EU had been financing the mass movement of industries from UK to mainland Europe.
I did not know that every member of the EU Council has to swear an Oath of Allegiance to the EU - so they are not a country's representative to the EU.
They are the EU's representative to the country!
I could go on and on but suffice it to say that I have never for a moment doubted the correctness of my decision but I am now more sure than ever.
I am so glad that the Remainers prompted me to look deeper into the bureaucratic absurdity of being in the EU.
Apart from all that, everything's fine and anything Boris does to upset the silly and biased little Speaker and other pant-wetters in Parliament gets my full backing!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:08 pm 

I'm not sure where I saw this, but I understand that the EU 'accounts' have NEVER been satisfactorily audited and signed off.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:33 pm 

Barmy Boris will unfortunately fail to get us out i would love to see us out with no deal =D> =D> what the burke has done is to DESTROY THE TORY VERMIN as a party =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> well done ex ETON ponce ..............................coming in 2019 a Corbyn government and happy days for the working class the NHS those in need of care, education, workers rights....................and misery and destitution for the [edited by admin] and ponces including the Von Windsor scum =D> =D> =D> and all tory's !

HAPPY DAYS :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D =D>

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:25 pm 

Quote:
However If Boris is thinking that after an election he will have a decent working majority is there anything to stop him from passing legislation to put no deal back on the table?

Nope.

We just need Nigel and Boris to have a chat, allow Nigel to fight up north and some areas down south, especially against the Speaker, and Boris to fight the rest.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:06 am 

Farage has already said he is planning to campaign against the tories not Corbyn's barmy army. I can see the situation that we will have a hung parliament by January with Corbyn as PM and article 50 being cancelled

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:22 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Farage has already said he is planning to campaign against the tories not Corbyn's barmy army. I can see the situation that we will have a hung parliament by January with Corbyn as PM and article 50 being cancelled

I do not see the EU granting any extension or allowing the cancelling of article 50.

Corbyn is and always has been anti EU :D

Bojo is deep in the POOP along with his despicable party .......................Strong and Stable Government.....................REALLY :badgrin: :badgrin:

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:46 am 

Quote:
I do not see the EU granting any extension or allowing the cancelling of article 50.

I think there's £39 billion riding on it so no way are the EU going to do anything but allow the extension. They have far too much to lose

Quote:
Bojo is deep in the POOP

I agree and largely down to his own stupidity with a wafer thin majority you don't boot out 20 MP's #-o #-o #-o

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:07 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Quote:

I think there's £39 billion riding on it so no way are the EU going to do anything but allow the extension. They have far too much to lose

Quote:
Bojo is deep in the POOP

I agree and largely down to his own stupidity with a wafer thin majority you don't boot out 20 MP's #-o #-o #-o

You do if you want to force a general election and get rid of the dissenters and replace them with people who will be on your side. Labour will be replacing a fair few of their own people with Corbynites.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:59 pm 

and how is he going to do that Corbyn will vote for an election only after Bojo the clown has humiliated himself by breaking his pledge to leave on the 31st

sorry but I cannot see any party getting a majority at the moment

and I have been listening to some well informed commentators who gave persuasive arguments as to why EU will prolong Brexit chief of which is that for every month we stay IN there is a nice hefty contribution to pay

second of which is that the uncertainty is moving approximately 1000 jobs a month to Holland,Germany and France the longer the debacle continues the more the UK economy is haemorrhaging jobs

thirdly they believe a much weakened Britain will give up and stay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:06 pm 

How has Boris humilatited himself?

He can't help it if 21 Tories voted against the government, and he has followed up on his promise to bin them off.

I say well done, and look forward to those 21 and those from the Change mob no longer being MPs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:05 am 

you don't get it do you Corbyn and the "rebel" mp's have the best cards the only way Boris will get an election is by asking the EU to postpone i.e. break his pledge Corbyn will then agree to a later election because he will have guaranteed to have the momentum going into it by getting BOJO to break the October 31st deadline thus humiliating himself

Boris is now a lame duck he can't do anything the EU know that Corbyn knows that so he either abandons all his plans and lets Corbyn and the EU dictate policy or accepts a later election after no deal Brexit is well and truly scuppered