Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Countdown to P DAY
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:56 am 

edders23 wrote:
P-5

caught about half of last nights debate and i have to say Corbyn won that one hands down. It was very obvious Boris hadn't prepared properly. He was definitely winging it

He even mentioned about the likelihood of a hung parliament or a labour SNP coalition being the outcome

Absolute tosh. Corbyn almost lost his temper at one stage.

Wishful thinking on your part if you think Corbyn won that one.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:01 am 

I think the media overblow their own programs influence.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:30 am 

Wouldn’t have watched it even if I was in the UK.

But according to YouGov Boris won it 52/48.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:27 am 

Sussex wrote:
Wouldn’t have watched it even if I was in the UK.

But according to YouGov Boris won it 52/48.

The same stats as the referendum.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:13 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
well yesterdays fake news and stunts really sums up how rotten to the core our political system is

None of them are worth voting for

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:50 pm 

well I have to say it's looking more and more like a hung parliament Corbyn's promises seem to be winning the floating voters and they'll regret it. He has successfully avoided talking about immigration or the Irish problem which is where he would have shot himself in the foot

I just hope The Scottish munter isn't in a position to be the power broker as I think the Lib Dems will be nowhere which surprises me as I thought they would have picked up a lot of support from remainers and I will be surprised if the Brexit party don't lose all their deposits

So much for this being the election of change

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:58 pm 

edders23 wrote:
well I have to say it's looking more and more like a hung parliament Corbyn's promises seem to be winning the floating voters and they'll regret it. He has successfully avoided talking about immigration or the Irish problem which is where he would have shot himself in the foot

I just hope The Scottish munter isn't in a position to be the power broker as I think the Lib Dems will be nowhere which surprises me as I thought they would have picked up a lot of support from remainers and I will be surprised if the Brexit party don't lose all their deposits

So much for this being the election of change

why do you think it will be a hung parliament?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:51 pm 

The wife and I went to vote this morning and YouGov were at the polling station doing the exit poll for tonight. They ask every 5th person to vote again on their tablet and the results from all over the country are collated to give the exit poll prediction on all the channels at 22.00 tonight.
My wife was one of the fifth people.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:44 pm 

grandad wrote:
The wife and I went to vote this morning and YouGov were at the polling station doing the exit poll for tonight. They ask every 5th person to vote again on their tablet and the results from all over the country are collated to give the exit poll prediction on all the channels at 22.00 tonight.

that's assuming everyone gives the correct vote :wink: certainly saw nothing like that at my polling station and i think i would have declined anyway

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:00 pm 

edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:

that's assuming everyone gives the correct vote :wink: certainly saw nothing like that at my polling station and i think i would have declined anyway

The exit poll last time predicted a hung parliament when most thought that the tories had it sewn up. They also were correct on the EU referendum when most thought it would be for remain.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:22 pm 

edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:

You said you wouldn’t be voting.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:47 pm 

grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:

The exit poll last time predicted a hung parliament when most thought that the tories had it sewn up. They also were correct on the EU referendum when most thought it would be for remain.

There was no official exit poll for the EU Referendum as they had no baseline to compare it to.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:09 pm 

x-ray wrote:
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:

There was no official exit poll for the EU Referendum as they had no baseline to compare it to.

At 22.00 on the day of the EU referendum it was stated on the TV that "We are leaving the EU" and they said that was the result of their exit poll.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:27 pm 

jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:

NO I said none of them are worth voting for not that i wouldn't vote where did you learn English America ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:20 pm 

edders23 wrote:
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:

NO I said none of them are worth voting for not that i wouldn't vote where did you learn English America ?

I learnt English at punctuation school. Eats shoots and leaves.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next