Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bad End to the year
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:54 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
we lost a car a week before Xmas after he got a bit too enthusiastic about getting back to the rank. My insurance wouldn't let him on because of his accident history so we have had to let him go and so he's working for a rival firm but I'd rather that than risk him crashing one of my cars plus i suspect they didn't check him out with their insurance assuming any driver means any driver no matter what.

Now this particular company has apparently been sold on by the owners and the new owners have been phoning me up 3 or 4 times a day playing mind games and are claiming that several more of my drivers are going to them and bragging about all the cars they are putting on etc. etc.and all the discounted fares which will put everyone else out of business blah blah blah which i doubt so a very stressful xmas period without anything else going wrong

then today someone reversed into my car ( George driving at the time) slow speed shunt no apparent damage whilst attempting to park not seeing my car behind when he suddenly stopped and reversed. Half an hour later got a phone call "can i talk to you about your vehicle which hit me"

Not best pleased and made it clear on the phone that he hit my vehicle and if he wants to make false statements like that he needs to do so in front of the police

half an hour later got another phone call again asking to discuss it and stating that I have no MOT well of course not we have a certificate of compliance :roll:

then another call from his insurance asking if I will accept liability :roll: so now I am having to deal with a crash for cash scam

Unfortunately as the police said to me if it's on a main road then i haven't a leg to stand on if his rear bumper hits my front it is my fault automatically :sad:

This job is stressful enough without all that agro :sad:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

Post subject: Re: Bad End to the year
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:11 pm 

edders23 wrote:

then another call from his insurance asking if I will accept liability :roll: so now I am having to deal with a crash for cash scam

Unfortunately as the police said to me if it's on a main road then i haven't a leg to stand on if his rear bumper hits my front it is my fault automatically :sad:

This job is stressful enough without all that agro :sad:
That is no longer the case. it is not automatically assumed anymore. Do you have CCTV in your cars and if not, why not? The insurance company should be able to check out the 2 versions of events and using computer simulations they can tell what really happened.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:27 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Finally had chance to inspect car and there is a scratch and a couple of holes in paintwork which might be stone chips :sad:

Having talked to the police if my vehicle had been parked when he hit it would be his fault but as both cars were on the main road and he reversed back it would be assumed it was the other way round

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:15 pm 

Quote:

The wonders of CCTV.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:17 pm 

Quote:
it would be assumed it was the other way round

Insurance companies don't deal in assumptions.

I would contact your insurance company stating you are the victim of an attempted fraud.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:25 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

The wonders of CCTV.

or a £25 dashcam