Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:33 pm 

Sound advice to passengers, but not sure how practical it all is in a real-world scenario :?

And not sure either if issuing this kind of advice to customers via the press is necessarily good for business either :-k

And odd to include the rental discount for drivers in this too, which is presumably just a cut and paste press release job :-|

Advice issued to everyone catching a taxi during coronavirus pandemic

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/p ... xi-3965984

The coronavirus pandemic means both drivers and passengers are having to do things differently

Taxi drivers have found themselves suffering more than most during the current coronavirus pandemic.

Not only does the job require the drivers to come into direct contact with their passengers, but there are also fewer people than ever taking them.

Need A Cab Plymouth have revealed all of the steps they are taking to maintain business as usual, including advice to passengers who are thinking of booking a taxi.

Passengers

Any members of the general public who are showing symptoms of COVID-19 should refrain from booking a taxi.

Pay by card where possible.

Travel in the back seat where possible in order to practise distancing.

Where possible, all customers should load and unload their own luggage.

If the customer is unable to do so, drivers can wipe the handles before and after lifting the luggage into the vehicle.

Drivers

All Need A Cab drivers have been told that they should not return to work if they are feeling unwell or are showing any symptoms of COVID-19.

A 20 per cent reduction in rent has been granted for all Hackney Cab Full System and Private Hire Drivers in order to ease any financial burdens.

A 20 rent reduction granted also for all Station Only Hackney Cabs - still operating as usual from all train stations.

Extra care will be taken in maintaining the cleanliness of their vehicle and to avoid hand contact to ensure no contamination - all necessary resources have been provided to action these steps.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:39 pm 

Hard to criticise a reduction in weekly rent, but isn't a 20% drop just a case of pi**ing in the wind.

£20-£30 a week isn't going to get anywhere near the drastic drop in wages the trade is suffering from.

Sadly. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:55 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I am giving mine 100 percent discount as they can barely make enough to feed themselves at the moment so no point asking them for money as they won't have any :roll:

The only positive is we are bumping along the bottom at the moment with plenty wanting to shop once they have all got cupboards jam packed we may not have anything much at all

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:02 pm 

edders23 wrote:
I am giving mine 100 percent discount as they can barely make enough to feed themselves at the moment so no point asking them for money as they won't have any :roll:

The only positive is we are bumping along the bottom at the moment with plenty wanting to shop once they have all got cupboards jam packed we may not have anything much at all

I hate jam.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:26 pm 

jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:

I hate jam.

can't beat a lovely bit of raspberry jam :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:46 pm 

edders23 wrote:
can't beat a lovely bit of raspberry jam :D

It is good for seasickness........

...............Doesn't make you feel any better........

............................Tastes as good coming up as it did going down though!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:58 pm 

There are that many people offering free lifts around here we may just stop working for a while.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:36 pm 

After tonight's announcement by BOJO we may as well all give up

all that is left is the occasional nurse/carer to work if they haven't got hubby/boyfriend or whatever sat at home getting bored available to run them about and a few trips to and from the supermarkets/chemists :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:41 pm 

grandad wrote:
There are that many people offering free lifts around here we may just stop working for a while.

I have for the last fortnight and the foreseeable future.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:41 pm 

Quote:

The current mindset for many in society is when one cupboard is full they fill the wardrobes, and when they are full they buy more cupboards and wardrobes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:13 am 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

The current mindset for many in society is when one cupboard is full they fill the wardrobes, and when they are full they buy more cupboards and wardrobes.

The sales of freezers has shot up since the beginning of this crisis.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:14 am 

heathcote wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Quote:

The sales of freezers has shot up since the beginning of this crisis.

I have been looking into buying a new freezer but I dare not do it now in case people see it being delivered and think I am stocking up with excess food.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:10 am 

Once they've all managed to stock up the supermarket shelves will gradually refill and unless Bojo shuts the supermarkets as well should be OK in a week or two especially after 40000 ne shelf stackers recruited

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:48 pm 

Quote:
I have been looking into buying a new freezer but I dare not do it now in case people see it being delivered and think I am stocking up with excess food.

Or killed the Mrs.