Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:45 am 

edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
the point is customers usually choose to pay cash and at the moment often in small change so if you empty your bank account paying things on card but end up with several hundred pounds in change because you are stuck with it how do you pay your bills ?
Do banks not accept change anymore?

our banking is an internet account free of bank charges and you can pay notes into the cash machine but Can't deposit change

might be academic now if I have to self isolate

We pay all cash into a personal account so there are no paying in fees and then transfer the money into the business account. No problem.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:57 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Quote:
certainly not shelling out £20 for a taxi =;
you could always us your own :wink:

after all whats stopping you nipping to the shops whilst taking a coffee break :wink:

Well indeed.

My point was about stockpiling for emergencies etc. As long as the car is running OK and I've got the money to put diesel in then it's not a problem.

Have only had to use the bus a handful of times in three years, just when the car was in the garage overnight. It was in the garage all day for some MoT stuff last week, so rather than walk around St Andrews for seven or eight hours, hanging around in shops etc I took the bus, because it was a very wet, cold and windy day. Car was in the garage several times last year at about this time, and got a bit cold, wet and miserable mooching around St Andrews all day.

But with the bus service suspended that isn't an option now. Walking six miles home isn't a problem either (I walk around five miles a day anyway just to keep my weight under control etc.) but if I had to do it both ways with bags of groceries from Morrison's then I'm not sure I'd cope :p