Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Finance help
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:08 am 

I took delivery of a new pro cab it was order before covid 19 outbreak. I phoned Black horse to explain that all my contacts and airport transfers had folded. They have said that they will put my first repayment back to 1st May. But if i phone back at the end of April and things haven't improved they will put it back again till 1st June and so on
But beware there was almost an hour on hold before i got through. But it will save me £730 pm so the waiting time was worth it
Hopefully this information will help others in same situation. Good luck stay safe hopefully we will get through it

Post subject: Re: Finance help
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:47 am 

We haven't even made the first payment on the Leaf yet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:01 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
One of the independents in town phoned close brothers up who were his finance company they couldn't give him an answer because they were waiting on a decision by head office

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:39 pm 

Looks like Black Horse and LEVC are offering an almost automatic three month payment holiday on the TX, but you have to formally apply for it:

LEVC wrote:
3 MONTH PAYMENT HOLIDAY

In response to the current Coronavirus crisis LEVC and Black Horse have agreed to support our customers by offering a 3 month suspension of finance payments on existing finance contracts. Anyone that has taken out a Black Horse finance product for the purchase of their TX can apply for this payment suspension. These are challenging times for everyone but the Taxi trade has endured many tough times over its long and proud history in London and many other UK cities. It will endure this one too! However, we’re aware that we can play a vital role is softening the impact of this current crisis and we recognise your efforts to keep working and keep Britain moving! We are hopeful that this current crisis will have passed in 3 months’ time and in the meantime this payment holiday is intended to bridge this period of uncertainty for all of our customers.

If you would like to register your interest for a 3 month payment holiday then please fill out the form on this page.

Once you have submitted this form you will receive an email within 48 hours that will explain clearly how to make a formal application to put this in place for your own agreement. We have asked you to identify the date of your next anticipated payment on this form however please do not make any alterations to your current direct debit or payment arrangements as this may jeopardise your eligibility for a break in future payments.

Please note that filling out this form is not part of the formal application process for a three month payment suspension. However, by registering your interest here you will be prioritised when processing of applications begins in the next 48 hours. Full details of the application process will be sent to you once this form has been submitted.

https://www.levc.com/finance/payment-holiday/

Of course, doubt if many readers on here are running the LEVC TX, but Black Horse seem to be offering similar payment holidays on all their products, and I suspect they'll be quite accomodating, as presumably other finance providers will be. There's a shedload of information for Black Horse customers available here:

https://www.blackhorse.co.uk/contact/Money-Worries

I think Black Horse offers payment holidays at any time depending on the circumstances, if I remember correctly - never had to take advantage, but I seem to recall reading that in the paperwork when I bought my car through Black Horse.

But I'd imagine a payment holiday will be pretty easy to obtain in the current circumstances - suspect the finance providers will view that as a better option than mass defaults, or whatever.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:27 pm 

Payment holiday will certainly help.
But if it doesn't improve in 3 months at which point will they say you have got to start paying for it. I think my business i have worked so hard to build up will all go to [edited by admin] because someone probably had eaten a bat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:33 pm 

perry wrote:
I took delivery of a new pro cab it was order before covid 19 outbreak. I phoned Black horse to explain that all my contacts and airport transfers had folded. They have said that they will put my first repayment back to 1st May. But if i phone back at the end of April and things haven't improved they will put it back again till 1st June and so on
But beware there was almost an hour on hold before i got through. But it will save me £730 pm so the waiting time was worth it
Hopefully this information will help others in same situation. Good luck stay safe hopefully we will get through it

Delighted you have been helped out, and this mirrors what has been said to a number of colleagues of mine.

Defo worth a try for everyone and no one, and I repeat no one, should be embarrassed to ask for help.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:35 pm 

P.s One good thing my first Saturday night I have had off for quite some time

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:37 pm 

Quote:
But if it doesn't improve in 3 months at which point will they say you have got to start paying for it.

I doubt they will ask if things are still grim.

It would make no sense, they will not get any money of out our trade if we have no work, and if they repossess 100s or 1000s of vehicles that will lose them millions.

Far better to stay with us, like we (via the government loans) stayed with them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:43 pm 

perry wrote:

:lol:

I'm going to be spending a lot of time with my grandson, so it can't all be bad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:11 pm 

Sussex wrote:
perry wrote:

:lol:

I'm going to be spending a lot of time with my grandson, so it can't all be bad.

Aren't the Government telling everyone to avoid contact? They even say that grandparents should not look after their grandkids.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:36 pm 

grandad wrote:
Aren't the Government telling everyone to avoid contact? They even say that grandparents should not look after their grandkids.

Thankfully I'm not in the vulnerable zone (according to gov) yet, although I suppose all of us are.

But as my boy is a critical care paramedic, my daughter in law a casualty sister, and my misses a Group Nursing and Clinical Director, I would imagine they might have something to say if I was in danger.

But your point is well made.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:17 pm 

perry wrote:

Well if that's a good thing, you might get more good things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:07 pm 

Sussex wrote:
But as my boy is a critical care paramedic, my daughter in law a casualty sister, and my misses a Group Nursing and Clinical Director, I would imagine they might have something to say if I was in danger.

:-o 'Telt', as we say up here.

But since you're being such a clever barsteward and have seen you make the mistake before, I should point out that it's 'missus', not 'misses' :wink:

'Misses' as in misses the bus, train, or boat 8)

Or as in 'misses the point', as per some people on here :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:18 pm 

What I can't work out is why I'm more worried about currently working in this trade than my family are. :-k

When I use to work nights it was the other way around. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:01 pm 

I’m still waiting for a reply from Mercedes Benz finance. Mortgage company (Leeds) have been great. Just need Arriva (or TWF now) to pay up the near £500 they owe me, looking quite hopeful at the moment. (As he crosses his fingers :badgrin: )