Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: on line petiton gov.uk
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:46 pm 

Do you think we should start an on line petiton pointing out the fack that Hackey and Private hire Owners and drivers have been left out as far as Grants are concerned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:14 pm 

I am not sure a petition is what is needed but it would be quicker and possibly more effective to get the people concerned to lobby their MPs. I know that many businesses like mine who don't currently qualify for the small business grant have done this and our MP, along with many more, has been writing to the treasury to ask for a change in the criteria.
However, the 80% of previous years profits that will be available to the self employed which is covers most of the people you mention, is a grant.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:22 pm 

But we have a lot to pay out before we have wages

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:27 pm 

MR T wrote:
Do you think we should start an on line petiton pointing out the fack that Hackey and Private hire Owners and drivers have been left out as far as Grants are concerned

This trade is notoriously bad at doing on-line petitions, and quite often they embarrass the trade by the pathetic responses.

So to answer your question, sadly I don't think it's worth it, and lobbying of MPs might be better.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:32 pm 

Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:

This trade is notoriously bad at doing on-line petitions, and quite often they embarrass the trade by the pathetic responses.

So to answer your question, sadly I don't think it's worth it, and lobbying of MPs might be better.

Now I know why Mrs S wears the trousers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:41 pm 

MR T wrote:

If required, payment holidays are available for car loans, income tax for the self employed can be deferred, licensing and mots have mostly been deferred, not so much for maintenance or fuel at the moment for most. Ok so they are not grants but they are a help for some.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:41 pm 

grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:

If required, payment holidays are available for car loans, income tax for the self employed can be deferred, licensing and mots have mostly been deferred, not so much for maintenance or fuel at the moment for most. Ok so they are not grants but they are a help for some.

SO what your saying is that it will be good for the ones who have money and the rest can go Fu*k themselves , Not eveyone is getting paid for school work that they are not doing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:59 am 

MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:

SO what your saying is that it will be good for the ones who have money and the rest can go Fu*k themselves , Not eveyone is getting paid for school work that they are not doing

I don't think that is what I said at all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:38 am 

grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:

I have just paid out for license renewal,insurance and RFT close on £1800,vehicle has not earned a penny for 9 weeks.
Yes some are getting help but the majority are not.Rainy day pot is about drained now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:04 pm 

heathcote wrote:

I have just paid out for license renewal,insurance and RFT close on £1800,vehicle has not earned a penny for 9 weeks.
Yes some are getting help but the majority are not.Rainy day pot is about drained now.

You possibly could have paid for your insurance monthly if you wanted to, obviously if it was due 2 months ago things looked different to how they do now but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I do have to ask though why you stopped working around the middle of February when everything was still running normally, the lockdown didn't start until after the middle of march, yes some things did slow before then but we didn't see much of a slow down until the middle of March, about 5 weeks ago. The first of our school runs that was affected was 16th March but that was because the student had a cold. The rest stopped after the 20th Which was the last day that our hourly paid staff worked. We did have one self employed driver who carried on until March 9th. We did not get told that our March school runs would be paid in full until the 29th March and we still don't know about Aprils runs.
We must have been luckier than most.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:38 pm 

grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:

No but is the way your thinking anyone can see that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:54 pm 

MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:

I disagree, I suggested that a quicker way to try and get the rules changed would be through lobbying MPs rather than a petition. Petitions are so slow and even if there were the numbers to sign up to one, what chance do you think that the Government would have to put it on the agenda anytime soon?
Hey, but what do I know, if you think it will work go ahead with a petition, I will gladly sign it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:57 pm 

grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:

I disagree, I suggested that a quicker way to try and get the rules changed would be through lobbying MPs rather than a petition. Petitions are so slow and even if there were the numbers to sign up to one, what chance do you think that the Government would have to put it on the agenda anytime soon?
Hey, but what do I know, if you think it will work go ahead with a petition, I will gladly sign it.

Have been waiting for an answer from PMs office for 3 weeks regarding help for our trade(not financial) but this government does not give a toss about us unless your name is u***.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:04 pm 

grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:

now then.....I agree go to MPs ….also on line Petition …….. NTA PHA Make enough noise and someone will hear but don't do nothing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:25 pm 

heathcote wrote:
grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:

Have been waiting for an answer from PMs office for 3 weeks regarding help for our trade(not financial) but this government does not give a toss about us unless your name is u***.

Our MP is very active on social media and answers loads of questions on line and by email within hours usually.