Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Face Coverings
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:36 am 

Difficult times doing lockdown, but hopefully we’ll be back soon. How are you coping? Hope all is well and you're managing your day to day without to much trouble.

I have created Taxi designs mainly as a Face Covering so we can all try and protect ourselves and at the same time promote the Stay Safe message to our customers. As governments are now saying Face coverings have a part to play, its wise to plan ahead.

All of my designs come in various colours, one of the links provided takes you direct to the iconic Black Taxi For Hire Light design. There are other colourful taxi designs and I hope there is a colour for you and you like me will Stay Safe by adding that extra layer of protection.

My face mask coverings are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators, they are simply an extra layer of protection and can be blended with another cotton type mask, simply place on top for that extra layer of protection. The Face coverings are double layer with a filter pocket in between the two layers, you can also put these face coverings on top of the disposable face masks.

Shipping is now not included in the price, due to demand shipping is estimated between 10-15 days. I’m only (moral choice) making £1 profit on my face coverings, but I’m donating 50% of that to the City Cab taxi fund that is providing free journeys to frontline NHS staff.

Feel free to check them out.
Regards
Doug Brown

https://pixels.com/featured/london-taxi ... =face-mask

Tap on any image and scroll to face masks.

https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/12- ... tions/taxi

Post subject: Re: Face Coverings
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:05 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
we only ever hear from you when you've something to sell :roll:

Hope you are ale and hearty as the expression goes and do pop in more often so we can take the P when Spurs mess up in Europe as they usually do :D

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:18 pm 

:lol: Hi edders I’ve been busy carving a side career as an artist :I'm still driving my Taxi though, although not for awhile, lockdown due to wife’s underlying health issues, probably back to work in June.

I’m only charging a small mark up on the face coverings, but donating 50% of that to the City Cabs NHS fund. The money raised overall is generating work for the guys who have no option but to work and provide free transport to our NHS heroes who are working on the frontline.

Your right that I should come on here more often, I will do, but I’ve taken a back seat on the politics and aw that. I do read a lot on here regarding the trade, just haven’t logged in.

Not a fan of Mourhino but I tolerate him :lol:

Come on you spurrrrrs =D>

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:32 pm 

I got 100 face masks, very similar design to the NHS, for £68, and 100 gloves for £16 from Ebay.

They were defo better than I thought, and compare well to those I have received from the NHS.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:59 pm 

Hi Sussex, I take it they are the disposable ones, mine are reusable and can be placed over those ones you have, a blend of a cloth mask and the disposable ones add that extra layer of protection. Mine are really comfortable to wear and more breathable than cotton, cotton face coverings steam up my glasses.

I’m waiting on my delivery of the City Cab Branded ones, the demand for face coverings is huge, but it’s taken 10-15 days to ship.

Consider getting that extra layer, tap the link provided, there is a link there that highlights the benefit of wearing an extra layer.

https://pixels.com/featured/taxi-logo-d ... =face-mask

Stay Safe.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:07 pm 

Quote:
Hi Sussex, I take it they are the disposable ones,

Yes.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:38 pm 

Thanks to a buyer from Chester for buying two of the London Taxi for Hire Light face masks, it’s appreciated =D>

https://pixels.com/saleannouncement.htm ... 5892fc4e7b

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:35 pm 

Private Reggie wrote:
Thanks to a buyer from Chester for buying two of the London Taxi for Hire Light face masks, it’s appreciated =D>

https://pixels.com/saleannouncement.htm ... 5892fc4e7b

Glad to help :D

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:44 pm 

Thanks X-ray, I appreciate the sale, again not much profit through choice and 50% is being donated to the City Cabs NHS Fund, it all adds up. =D>

The main objective is to promote to our punters safety, knowing we are taking steps to keep ourselves safe will increase trust, hopefully.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:45 am 

Just letting you know that for bulk orders of over 25 face coverings a discount may be available, if any taxi companies are interested, let me know and I’ll provide the info required to make a bulk order.