Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 169  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:46 pm 

Stir crazy punters who do nothing but talk continuously in the car on their one time a week visit to the supermarket.

](*,)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:11 pm 

People moaning about not being able to shop together with their entire household.

Do a f***ing list, and that list only needs one person to go in to do the shopping.

This then allows more people to do their shopping at the same time. Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:30 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
whilst queueing for a checkout this morning the supervisor opened up another till and pulled the person behind me out of the queue and let them go through in fact three people went through that one before I got served because the woman in front was buying for 5 different people and trying to pay with 5 separate cards

they really should let the ones queueing longest go first

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:56 pm 

Punter was moaning big time today about not being able to get a delivery slot from Asda.

She couldn't understand it when I didn't agree with her. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:01 pm 

edders23 wrote:
whilst queueing for a checkout this morning the supervisor opened up another till and pulled the person behind me out of the queue and let them go through in fact three people went through that one before I got served because the woman in front was buying for 5 different people and trying to pay with 5 separate cards

Ah, yes, I remember this from years ago. Which is one reason I always use the self-service tills in Tesco, Asda or Morrison's these days.

In fact I can only recall using the conventional tills once in any supermarket in the last few years, and that was just because the self-service tills were off limits for some reason.

But it does annoy me sometimes that you have to queue to use the self-service tills even at midnight at times (while others aren't open), but it's better than people behind you in the queue ending up in front of you at another till.

Of course, for the purposes of social distancing half the self-service tills aren't open, but I haven't had any particular problem queuing, although I've been going shopping either first thing in morning, or last thing at night.

Other things have been annoying me instead, though :roll:

Went to a Tesco store in Dundee a couple of weeks ago, and there was a queue to get in at 8am. Must have been about 10 people in the queue. When it opened they let in about six, and the rest were left queuing, including yours truly. But, I mean, this is a *massive* Tesco Extra store - I doubt there are many bigger. They could have easily let everyone in at once and they would have quickly become lost in the store.

To be fair, they did let more in fairly quickly, but I just got the impression they were delaying people for the sake of it.

Back there again a couple of days ago. [edited by admin] poor queuing system that's like a maze, and I must have walked about 100 yards unnecessairly before realising that the signage was totally misleading and there was gap in their makeshift queuing system (aka a maze made up of shopping trolleys and other bits and pieces) which other people were just walking through.

Not sure if queuing system just badly designed, or if they'd forgotten to change the signage, or if they just enjoy winding people up :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:58 am 

edders23 wrote:

they really should let the ones queueing longest go first

Lucky you this is all you have to moan about.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:58 pm 

Councils closing all the public toilets.

And councils closing all the public rubbish tips. :sad: :sad:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:00 pm 

Picked up two old dears from one of the local supermarkets today.

They came out wearing facemasks, their shopping was loaded in the boot and they got in the back of the car.

First thing they did when they got in my car was take their f***ing masks off. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 6:26 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Picked up two old dears from one of the local supermarkets today.

They came out wearing facemasks, their shopping was loaded in the boot and they got in the back of the car.

First thing they did when they got in my car was take their f***ing masks off. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Same thing happened again today. FFS. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:16 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Zorbas takeaway

they have recently taken to parking up to 6 delivery vehicles and are telling customers to park on our rank. The other night two of my drivers asked them to park in the bays opposite (empty). The owner and delivery drivers gave them a load of racial abuse back. Since then they have started leaving their delivery vehicles on the rank all night. this morning one was there until 10.30

BUT the council and the police refuse to do anything about it the police answer is that the taxi drivers should apply for a court injunction banning them from parking on the rank. I have advised them that this has been an on going thing for over two years and that the bloke is a hot head who lashes out so the next confrontation might end up with murder

In fact last night there were ambulance crews (not on a call) parked on the rank eating their discounted kebabs

Why are we so powerless in this situation ?

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:15 pm 

We had the same problem on one of the ranks in the city centre, two private cars had parked in the middle of a three cab rank, effectively blocking the rank off. It was a race night and very busy. One of the drivers approached the police who were patrolling, their reply was “since the council took over the parking enforcement, unless the vehicle is causing an obstruction, there’s nothing we can do” when I appeared I told them it was causing an obstruction, he just told me to use another rank! I then pulled up adjacent to the rank (it’s a very narrow one way street) put my indicator on and blocked the whole one way system up. The same two police officers turned up and asked me to move, I refused, he then said he’d book me for obstruction, I told him I was the third vehicle causing an obstruction and if he booked the first two I would move. After several conversations, that’s what he did ! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:28 pm 

Quote:
Why are we so powerless in this situation ?

Who do the parking enforcement? The police or the council?

If it's the police complain to the Chief Constable, if its the council complain to the Chief Exec and/or your local councillor.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:29 pm 

x-ray wrote:
We had the same problem on one of the ranks in the city centre, two private cars had parked in the middle of a three cab rank, effectively blocking the rank off. It was a race night and very busy. One of the drivers approached the police who were patrolling, their reply was “since the council took over the parking enforcement, unless the vehicle is causing an obstruction, there’s nothing we can do” when I appeared I told them it was causing an obstruction, he just told me to use another rank! I then pulled up adjacent to the rank (it’s a very narrow one way street) put my indicator on and blocked the whole one way system up. The same two police officers turned up and asked me to move, I refused, he then said he’d book me for obstruction, I told him I was the third vehicle causing an obstruction and if he booked the first two I would move. After several conversations, that’s what he did ! :lol:

Well done. =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:05 pm 

Southend beach today. ](*,)

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:55 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Southend beach today. ](*,)

And the same muppets will be on their doorsteps clapping tomorrow night. =D> #-o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 169  Next