Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:28 am 

Not really sure if this is trade-related, but a bit like the kind of thing a driver might get into trouble with as regards a passenger, so to that degree quite interesting 8-[

West Midlands Police officer sacked after trying to engage member of public in sexual relationship

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/cri ... ationship/

Image: West Midlands Police/Birmingham Mail

A West Midlands Police Officer has been sacked for gross misconduct.

PC Dave Humpherson, aged 41, was dismissed on Monday without notice after he tried to engage a member of the public in a sexual relationship.

On September 2 last year Humpherson, who was a taxi enforcement officer in Birmingham, met a member of the public by prior arrangement whilst on duty and in uniform to explore the possibility of having a sexual relationship.

A sexualised conversation took place in the member of the public’s car and, while still on duty, the officer sent the member of the public an indecent image.

The hearing was chaired by Chief Constable Dave Thompson who concluded that Humpherson’s actions amounted to gross misconduct and he was dismissed without notice.

Chief Superintendent Stephen Graham, commander at Birmingham West, said: “Humpherson’s behaviour was completely unacceptable and a clear breach of our standards of professional behaviour.

“Serving and protecting the public is paramount and it is vital that our communities have trust and confidence in everything that we do.

“Any officer or staff member that fails to uphold our force values and falls below the high standards we expect will be dealt with accordingly."

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:29 am 

Makes you wonder why the woman complained. But she didn't actually complain, according to this in the Birmingham Mail:

Quote:
The woman did not make a formal complaint, but had made an inquiry with Professional Standards.

But you wonder what her particular problem was with a guy she met up with a few hours after 'matching' with him on a 'dating app' :-s

Maybe it's just me, but you wouldn't have thought she'd be that bothered that he took a few minutes out to meet her while on duty, or that he was in uniform :-k

Anyway, anyone who wants to read more of the details of this can read a longer version here:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/m ... g-18272619 [-(

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:47 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
this is the guy who is supposed to be the best thing that ever happened to the trade well according to NPH magazine he was :roll:

This does sound to me like a very strange story. That said I would always recommend people stay clear of dating sites they are full of women who have unrealistic expectations of who they are going to be matched up with as well as 2 to 3 times as many men registered as women

it sounds like he made an error of judgement but I've seen stories of police doing much worse and only getting a telling off

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:22 am 

Oh well 7000 Wolverhampton drivers will be happy

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:11 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
skippy41 wrote:
Oh well 7000 Wolverhampton drivers will be happy

It depends on how keen his replacement is to make a name for himself. :wink:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:56 pm 

edders23 wrote:
this is the guy who is supposed to be the best thing that ever happened to the trade well according to NPH magazine he was :roll:

This does sound to me like a very strange story. That said I would always recommend people stay clear of dating sites they are full of women who have unrealistic expectations of who they are going to be matched up with as well as 2 to 3 times as many men registered as women

it sounds like he made an error of judgement but I've seen stories of police doing much worse and only getting a telling off

Could have been set up.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:07 pm 

Edders wrote:

Sounds like someone talking from experience 8-[

Edders wrote:

Indeed. Suspect fact he was on duty and in uniform were significant factors, although in my opinion they should have just slapped his wrist [-X

Heathcote wrote:
Could have been set up.

Wouldn't go that far, but there's a slight smell about the whole thing [-(

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:43 pm 

Another individual who thinks rules and regulations are for other people.

Police are well rid of him.