Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dominic Cummings
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:07 pm 

Dominic Cummings,2nd to Boris in our government,it has been confirmed that he and his partner(do non of these believe in marriage)drove over 250 miles to Durham whilst suffering from Coronavirus to stay with his parents who are both over 70 years of age.

He has been one of the spreaders of this disease through out 2/3rds the length of England.

This idiot should have to resign forthwith,Durham Constabulary issued a statement confirming that Cummings travelled and stopped at his parents home,wonder why they did not take action against him,if it had been Joe Public he would have been pilloried by the police force.

Post subject: Re: Dominic Cummings
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:32 am 

heathcote wrote:
Dominic Cummings,2nd to Boris in our government,it has been confirmed that he and his partner(do non of these believe in marriage)drove over 250 miles to Durham whilst suffering from Coronavirus to stay with his parents who are both over 70 years of age.

He has been one of the spreaders of this disease through out 2/3rds the length of England.

This idiot should have to resign forthwith,Durham Constabulary issued a statement confirming that Cummings travelled and stopped at his parents home,wonder why they did not take action against him,if it had been Joe Public he would have been pilloried by the police force.

I don't agree with you. He travelled to "arrange" child care for his kids whilst he was going to isolate. Of course there is no one in London or in between the 2 who could have done it and obviously the children couldn't isolate with them could they. And as for him resigning, how ridiculous.

PERSONALLY I WOULD HAVE SACKED HIM!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 1:13 pm 

According to the latest statement from No.10 Durham police force are liars.

I think we all know the lies are coming out of No.10.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:39 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
having seen twenty minutes of people whingeing on BBC news about it it's a straght if your labour demand his sacking if your tory he was justified

If you are neutral WHO THE F CARES there's far more serious things happening in the world today to waste time on this :roll:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:01 pm 

The fella got the virus, his Mrs got the virus, and they have a four year old boy.

What would anyone else do?

He went to a supportive family just in case he and his misses ended up in bed or in hospital out of action. Thus ensuring the boy would be sorted no matter what.

It's exactly what I would do.

This has sweet f*** all to do with the lockdown and everything to do with politics, and a press who can't stand Cummings because he doesn't play their game, nor give a flying f*** what they think.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:04 pm 

And if there is a bigger hypocrite than the SNP leader at Westminster, I've yet to meet them.

Straight away he was banging on about Cummings being sacked for the alleged breach of lockdown rules.

Is this the same SNP that allowed the Scottish Medical Rep to carry on for days before she eventually went?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:04 pm 

I'll not knock cummings as i think he did the right thing under the circumstances, he simply left to be near his family just like anyone one else would have done, the distance he had to travel is irrelevant as it would have made no difference when he was in his car, even if he stopped to fuel up his contact with others would have been negligible and certainly no worse than an infected londoner travelling 2 miles on a crowded tube or bus heading home for the same reason.

I think this a bit of Media witch hunt spurred on by politicians of all hues including the occasional Tory who simply has it in for Cummings, odd that it was a Tory that complained most as it was Cumming who helped the Torias to an 80 seat majority.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:42 am 

I love the hypocrisy of the press reporting on him for breaching the rules whilst they themselves are standing in a scrum outside his house to get a picture and ask questions that he is never going to answer.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:34 pm 

We will here what lies he tells later today and will see if he can answer a direct question asked.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:33 pm 

heathcote wrote:
We will here what lies he tells later today and will see if he can answer a direct question asked.

He would be rather stupid to tell any lies when every word he says will be analysed.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:58 pm 

Why isn't this thread in the politics section it has absolutely nothing to do with taxi news ?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:16 pm 

Haven’t any of you broken the rules in your private life, regarding lock-up? I know I have.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:40 pm 

jimbo wrote:
Haven’t any of you broken the rules in your private life, regarding lock-up? I know I have.

Lock down maybe but never been locked up or locked in :-"

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:18 pm 

edders23 wrote:
jimbo wrote:

Lock down maybe but never been locked up or locked in :-"

You have missed all the fun then :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:05 am 

Quote:
Why isn't this thread in the politics section it has absolutely nothing to do with taxi news ?

Precisely what I was thinking, but didn't want to appear too nit-picking.

I mean, next someone will be complaining about people posting several nested quotes just to add a few words, or quoting a whole article just to add a few words. Er, if you need to quote a full article in a response, there's absolutely no point - that's why the posts are arranged in threads, and why there's a 'post reply' alternative to the quote button :roll:

jimbo wrote:

Certainly bent the rules, I think, and taken a common sense approach at times. After all, they don't cover all the complexities of life. And I think there's an 'any other good reason' exception to some of the lockdown rules, which indeed I think is what Cummings is trying to take advantage of, although I've not been following it all too closely.

But, for example, I think you're only supposed to exercise once a day. But I'm walking maybe eight miles a day, mainly to try to burn off the extra stuff I'm eating because of lockdown. So I'm dividing that into roughly two one-hour walks.

But I'm almost a mile up a private road (where I rent a small property near a few other houses), and can walk up and down that road for half an hour without seeing anyone, never mind coming anywhere close to them. And I did my first hour earlier between midnight and 1am. And intend going out again maybe 5-6am. Chances of me seeing anyone are very slim to non-existent.

Even if I walk onto the main road, I could walk there for a good five minutes, even mid-evening, without any vehicles passing, and again unlikely to see anyone. I walked on the main road for about 15 minutes just after midnight tonight, and not one car passed, never mind any other pedestrians.

So maybe a strict breach of the rules (or guidelines), but I'm willing to put my case in court if I have to [-(

(Old habits die hard, so having been a night owl for twenty years (mainly because of the job), I've not really been able to change my habits during lockdown.)