Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 5:32 pm 

Mercedes-Benz launches its electric EQV minivan for £64,000

Mercedes-Benz, a global automobile company, is reportedly launching its EQV electric minivan for 71,388.10 euros (approximately £64,000) as part of the V-Class lineup in Europe.

In 2019, the company unveiled its electric EQV MPV, which is equipped with a 100-kWh battery pack. However, the company has limited the usable capacity of the battery to 90-kWh. The product is expected to have a range of 250 miles (405 km) on a single charge.

The new EQV is equipped with an on-board charger of 11-kW to charge the battery pack. It can ensure the direct current (DC) fast-charging at over 110-kW. The company claims that it is capable of increasing battery charge from 10% to 80% in less than 45 minutes. The electric motor, which can reach the top speed of 160 km per hour (99mph), has a 150-kW peak power output.

Daimler AG is launching the electric vehicle officially in Europe and commencing the production activities in Vitoria, northern Spain, where the Mercedes-Benz Vito and V-Class are being produced. Daimler is a German multinational automotive corporation, which is a leading producer of premium cars and commercial vehicles.

The German automaker recently confirmed the price of the EQV, which also includes a maintenance package for 4 years. This package covers maintenance costs as per the manufacturer specifications and the service booklet. It also consists of the battery certificate for Mercedes-Benz for a duration of over 8 years or 160,000 km. Additionally, the Mercedes Me remote & navigation services are also added in the purchase price for a 36-month term as well as Mercedes Me Charge function & lonity membership for the period of 12 months each.

Without the incentives and taxes, the EQV would be priced at approximately £64,000.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 5:34 pm 

Like the 45 minute battery charge from 10-80%.

Don't like the base price of £64,000, which you will have to add the conversion costs and the turning circle function in London.

Be amazed if it comes in under £80,000. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 11:17 pm 

Sussex wrote:

Don't like the base price of £64,000, which you will have to add the conversion costs and the turning circle function in London.

It'll be a good long while before an upturn in business will make such an expense vehicle viable to other than a very few.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:23 pm 

Skoda Superb, £6000 done 18 months so far, 650 mile range

worth £4500 still

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:21 pm 

Sussex wrote:

Cannot be converted for London the battery is in the way.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:17 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
It'll be a good long while before an upturn in business will make such an expense vehicle viable to other than a very few.

I'd have one, but since Fife Council is only only allowing 'business critical' substitutions at the moment, looks like I'll have to wait another few months before taking the plunge :---)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:05 am 

Sussex wrote:

This is the price for the minivan not the panel van. The price difference for the current model is around £15,000 less, making it around £50,000. The conversion cost on the current model is £21,000 so if they could convert it, the price SHOULD be around £71,000. A lot of money but if they offer the 0% finance deal that I took out with the current Vito it’s comparable to the LEVC that costs £67,000 with the interest. I know which one I’d prefer.
It’s all pie in the sky considering the current situation though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:46 am 

Before covid 19
Some days with 2 Heathrow jobs + local work could knock up over 400 miles a day
When they figure out a electric car that can do 500 miles on a single charge and only takes 5 minutes to recharge the same as it takes me to refill my Diesel. Then i will have to admit they have cracked it. That day will come but its not here yet.
And you will always find that the figures Manufactures give you are never true. All the new cars i have brought in the past never get anywhere near what the Brochure mpg tells you. So if they are saying 250 miles
I bet it will only do 175 with customer and luggage in it. But luckily i still have a council that still allows diesels and i know some other drivers don't have a choice.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:09 pm 

perry wrote:
Before covid 19
When they figure out a electric car that can do 500 miles on a single charge and only takes 5 minutes to recharge the same as it takes me to refill my Diesel. Then i will have to admit they have cracked it. That day will come but its not here yet.

wont happen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:36 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
perry wrote:
Before covid 19

wont happen

They'ed be better developing a more electric biased hybrid or better still Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles....Battries are just not yet up the task.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:35 pm 

x-ray wrote:
Sussex wrote:

This is the price for the minivan not the panel van. The price difference for the current model is around £15,000 less, making it around £50,000. The conversion cost on the current model is £21,000 so if they could convert it, the price SHOULD be around £71,000. A lot of money but if they offer the 0% finance deal that I took out with the current Vito it’s comparable to the LEVC that costs £67,000 with the interest. I know which one I’d prefer.
It’s all pie in the sky considering the current situation though.

Was reading somewhere that you can get them VAT or duty free also, due to them being classed as a disability vehicle , thats for all manufacturers who convert them for wheelchair use, someone had won an argument with the DVLA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:37 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
StuartW wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

I'd have one, but since Fife Council is only only allowing 'business critical' substitutions at the moment, looks like I'll have to wait another few months before taking the plunge :---)

Ah a [edited by admin] plan to make yourself bankrupt to give you an excuse to give up and go and drive for Amazon or tescos :lol:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !