Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:57 pm 

StuartW wrote:
StuartW wrote:
But even though the Flymo parts I've ordered are out of stock and will probably take a couple of weeks minimum to arrive, suspect they'll be here before the bounce back loan :roll:

Got an email from Flymo saying they'd despatched something on 31 May. So assumed that would arrive before the bounce back loan. But then the loan finally 'dropped', and still no sign of the Flymo parts :-s

And they've sent the two parts out separately (cost about £5 each) because one wasn't in stock. But the one part is useless without the other anyway ](*,)

Whats with the flymo parts, are you Lawn-dering money??

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:13 pm 

Absolutely delighted for those of you who managed to obtain BBL.

Still no word from HSBC, despite calling on 4th May in accordance with instructions. Online enquiry for Feeder Account completed last Thursday, 4th
June, in accordance with instructions. Not holding my breath, I may suffocate!

In parallel, opened account with Tide...eventually. Now no 37743 on their waiting list. Expecting to go to 56489 very soon.

Awaiting a call from Metro Bank to open an account. They have suddenly become very lively over the last few days.

Looking at Twitter and Facebook, thousands of people are still trying to get BBLs having, like me, started applying on 4th May. My MP has been informed. The Chancellor's inbox will have crashed with the number of E mails sent by people, as will the Financial Conduct Authority's.

I know many have contacted various media but they are worryingly silent about the problem.

On Twitter, Bounce Back Loan Experience @Bounce_BackLoan is an account, with a website, that relates the whole sorry tale of woe.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:46 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
At this rate his lawn will become longer than his hair :wink:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:16 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
Whats with the flymo parts, are you Lawn-dering money??

Can't say, in case you grass me up :D

Just my old Flymo getting a bit tired, though. It's 15 years old, apparently, and a hand-me-down, and this is the first repair it's required, I think, so it's done quite well =D>

Edders wrote:
At this rate his lawn will become longer than his hair

Flymo fixed on Monday, grass cut, and hair was sorted out weeks ago :shock:

Actually thinking about cutting my hair again. Unlike the grass, which fortunately wasn't growing much because of the dry weather, nothing seems to affect its speed of growth.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:15 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:
Decisions, decisions.

I think it's a no brainer TBH, unless the interest rate after the first year is a silly one. But I would be surprised if that was the case.

I get the 'I would prefer extra months on the grant system' reasoning, but a loan at a rate none of us could get on the open market has got to be beneficial to many in our trade at this time.

Super easy to get if you qualify and the interest rate is low after the first year, far cheaper than a car loan :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:57 pm 

toots wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Quote:
Decisions, decisions.

I think it's a no brainer TBH, unless the interest rate after the first year is a silly one. But I would be surprised if that was the case.

I get the 'I would prefer extra months on the grant system' reasoning, but a loan at a rate none of us could get on the open market has got to be beneficial to many in our trade at this time.

Super easy to get if you qualify and the interest rate is low after the first year, far cheaper than a car loan :wink:

Aye, just paid of my final years worth of car loan with mine, at least if things get no better i'll can sell my vehicles as they belong to me and not the lender.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:38 pm 

Still waiting.

Still at 37750 with Tide.

Metro Bank was a total waste of time and energy.

HSBC have at least allocated me a case officer after my MP made noises. I get regular calls advising of progress, or lack of. In a conversation last week, we worked out the the money should be with me by Friday this week. I'm not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:58 pm 

cabbyman wrote:
Still waiting.

And I assume our friend 'Toots' above just put in an appearance to demonstrate that they hadn't read the thread and didn't know how the scheme was working in practice.

As opposed to sticking the knife in, say :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:49 pm 

cabbyman wrote:
Still waiting.

Still at 37750 with Tide.

Metro Bank was a total waste of time and energy.

HSBC have at least allocated me a case officer after my MP made noises. I get regular calls advising of progress, or lack of. In a conversation last week, we worked out the the money should be with me by Friday this week. I'm not holding my breath.

Blimey.

Let's hope you get the money before you go bust or die.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:09 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54187581

somehow it was inevitable the fraudsters would have a field day! :sad:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:50 pm 

Just a little update

If you already have a Bounce Back Loan but borrowed less than you were entitled to, you can top up your existing loan to your maximum amount. You must request the top-up by 31 January 2021.

How long the loan is for
The length of the loan is 6 years, but you can repay early without paying a fee. No repayments will be due during the first 12 months.

Before your first repayment is due, your lender will contact you about further options to:

extend the term of your loan to 10 years
move to interest-only repayments for a period of 6 months (you can use this option up to 3 times)
pause your repayments for a period of 6 months if you have already made at least 6 repayments (you can use this option once)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7