Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:39 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/causesofdeath/articles/deathsinvolvingcovid19interactivemap/2020-06-12

all deaths up to may 31st excluding visitors to an area who happened to die there and recorded by PARISH . I've looked up my postcode and was shocked to see 5 have died (and that's only half the town ) the other half of the town was 2 (care homes which I knew about) the others may be but all the staff at care homes locally are being sworn to secrecy so difficult to get them to admit it but the ones I knew about all staff were tested and gave a negative result.

Quite a few dots around the Melton area which surprised me as Melton has been quite lucky so far

So my town has had 7 deaths and I am guessing Grandad and Stuart will be lower but Sussex and Wanna will be higher

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:47 pm 

edders23 wrote:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/causesofdeath/articles/deathsinvolvingcovid19interactivemap/2020-06-12

all deaths up to may 31st excluding visitors to an area who happened to die there and recorded by PARISH . I've looked up my postcode and was shocked to see 5 have died (and that's only half the town ) the other half of the town was 2 (care homes which I knew about) the others may be but all the staff at care homes locally are being sworn to secrecy so difficult to get them to admit it but the ones I knew about all staff were tested and gave a negative result.

Quite a few dots around the Melton area which surprised me as Melton has been quite lucky so far

So my town has had 7 deaths and I am guessing Grandad and Stuart will be lower but Sussex and Wanna will be higher

Is it a competition? Will there be prizes for higher, lower?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:44 pm 

edders23 wrote:

Most of the deaths in the Borough of Melton have been in care homes or the local hospital. My own postcode area has had 4 deaths and 3 of them were at the geriatric hospital at the end of my road. The town has seen 10 deaths altogether and the wider Borough total is 30.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:21 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:

why are you hoping to play some sort of macabre gameshow ?

I for one have wanted to know exactly what we are facing locally and I would hope most on here would also the more information we have the more we can respond in the right way and keep safe

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:42 pm 

I think most deaths are coming via care homes, so the more of them you have in your area the higher the death rate.

See London currently has less deaths than the 5-year average, which in itself is crazy.

But at least we have the better news of this cheap as chips treatment, which if we had from day one would have saved at least 5,000 lives in the UK.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:50 pm 

edders23 wrote:
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:

why are you hoping to play some sort of macabre gameshow ?

I for one have wanted to know exactly what we are facing locally and I would hope most on here would also the more information we have the more we can respond in the right way and keep safe

Macabre? Moi? Au contraire, mon ami.

It’s you who gave this deadly disease the chirpy moniker “pangolin flu” it’s you who wonders “higher or lower” for your own amusement.
I’d guess though, that the area of your lovely hamlet with a higher death rate is where your hospital is. The highest death rate in the City of Lincoln is in the Cathedral quarter where the county hospital is.
Lincolnshire is a big county with a population of about 800,000. I probably haven’t been within 2, 000 metres of anyone with coronavirus, let alone 2 metres. This country needs to get a grip.