Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:31 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&__cft__[0]=AZVV93kcLidoIMY-S1t5PgyaXoU9O2rNmHVv8oUxB-UZxxr8Ks1kZXCdJAIeoZvtWhoEy2WOnsII-6cNF7pLiIuNhTF5jJKRVK18J9nb4Pzo0uQMzWFjK7RX4MpEziwbXl-z-g0k-xfyUL0E7mP99YqvTF83OXWr8A0FApiOq-Lfjw&__tn__=R]-R

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:18 pm 

Eh ??????

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:03 pm 

x-ray wrote:
Eh ??????

The sugestion was that this was served from a pub which should be closed at the moment but they have decided to open ahead of any announcement...............Alegedly.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:39 pm 

grandad wrote:
x-ray wrote:
Eh ??????

The sugestion was that this was served from a pub which should be closed at the moment but they have decided to open ahead of any announcement...............Alegedly.

I think he is implying the link don't work, rather than the substance of the link.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:47 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I DON'T subscribe to facebook so please quote which establishment and I will ask around :wink:

I know one or two are preparing to open but I didn't work today so not been in town

That said one of my drivers has just gone to pick up on a job from A pub to another village pub/restaurant

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:59 pm 

edders23 wrote:
I DON'T subscribe to facebook so please quote which establishment and I will ask around :wink:

I know one or two are preparing to open but I didn't work today so not been in town

The pub wasn't named. but there is a place behind them called the Cosy Club. I am told that they were sat at a monument the woman was eating a takeaway and the man had a pint of bitter in his hand. there is no sugestion that the Cosy Club had anything to do with it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:10 pm 

Surely if a pub has an off license they can sell for outside consumption, akin to a takeaway.

We have several clubs on the beach doing just that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:52 pm 

grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:

The pub wasn't named. but there is a place behind them called the Cosy Club. I am told that they were sat at a monument the woman was eating a takeaway and the man had a pint of bitter in his hand. there is no sugestion that the Cosy Club had anything to do with it.

so Golden Fleece then and they are doing takeaway both food and drinks

By the way it isn't a monument it is a "Fake Eleanor cross" which was put there by SKDC about 15 years ago as part of the scheme which removed our Friday rank :sad:

I call it "the monstrosity" because it isn't even vaguely reminiscent of an Eleanor cross the real one having disappeared over 200 years ago

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:24 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Surely if a pub has an off license they can sell for outside consumption, akin to a takeaway.

The legislation does not allow for takeaway alcoholic drinks to be served/consumed at or near the premises particulaly if they are served in glasses and not takeaway containers. Most towns also have rules/bylaws stopping the consumption of alcohol in the street except in designated areas. i know that our Council are drawing up plans to relax the rules to allow certain areas to be used once pubs are given the go ahead to start serving again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:15 am 

All our pubs/clubs have on the sign above the entrance 'licensed to serve alcohol for consumption on or off the premises' or words akin to that.

If they have the licence (for off premises(which the council grants)) I can't see how the council can then say they can't sell booze for takeaway, or control where people take it to drink !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:34 am 

Sussex wrote:

Quite a lot doing that up here since day one,meals and drink,unless there is a bye-law banning drinking in a public place they are doing nothing wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:16 am 

This taken from a post quoting the emergency Covid 19 legislation covering selling alcohol.
Leigh Higgins
badge icon
That looks as if it could be breaking the law as it stands at present... see below
(b)if the business sells food or drink for consumption off the premises, cease selling food or drink for consumption on its premises during the emergency period
For the purposes of paragraph (1)(a)(ii) and (b), an area adjacent to the premises of the business where seating is made available for customers of the business (whether or not by the business) is to be treated as part of the premises of that business.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:36 pm 

Quote:
The legislation does not allow for takeaway alcoholic drinks to be served/consumed at or near the premises particulaly if they are served in glasses and not takeaway containers.

I suppose as there are several miles of beach to drink on, the locality issue doesn't arise.

Also as the clubs selling the booze at the door don't supply outdoor seating, and they don't own the beach or the lower prom, again the locality issue doesn't arise.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:11 am 

The landlord of the pub says he is doing takeaway teas and coffees with the food so maybe the pint came out of Weatherspoons :wink: