Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: breaking quarantine!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:17 pm 

A couple of weeks ago I took a customer to EMA to fly to Spain. She came back on Saturday. She is now supposed to be quarantining for 14 days or up until this Friday. She rang the office this morning to book to go back to the airport tomorrow so she can fly back to Spain.
We said that we could not take her because she is supposed to be in quarentine so no doubt she will have got another company to take her. What do you think the chances are that the airport will pick up that she only arrived on Saturday?

Post subject: Re: breaking quarantine!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:49 pm 

grandad wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I took a customer to EMA to fly to Spain. She came back on Saturday. She is now supposed to be quarantining for 14 days or up until this Friday. She rang the office this morning to book to go back to the airport tomorrow so she can fly back to Spain.
We said that we could not take her because she is supposed to be in quarentine so no doubt she will have got another company to take her. What do you think the chances are that the airport will pick up that she only arrived on Saturday?

Do your civic duty and report the fact to the relevant authorities.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:11 pm 

heathcote wrote:
grandad wrote:

Do your civic duty and report the fact to the relevant authorities.

I will wait until she is on the way to the airport so at least the other company will still get the fare and probably one back again. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:28 pm 

Quote:
What do you think the chances are that the airport will pick up that she only arrived on Saturday?

None whatsoever.

I had a similar job picking up someone coming back from Germany for a funeral. Took her back to Heathrow three days later.

Whilst I understand your concern, no way are these punters going to walk back to the airport.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:05 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
the airport will turn a blind eye she is obviously a good customer for them and they will do nothing. This should be reported to the police but make sure it is in confidence as the police will probably tell her where the info came from

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !