Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:30 pm 

I’ve had a look at the risk assessment that you have sent through and I would advise that it needs to contain more detail. As a minimum you should be identifying what the hazards are, who is at risk and how, what controls are in place, what other actions need to be taken. Ideally there should also be something that indicates it is being issued to staff and they are signing to say they have read and understood it. There are examples and guidance on the HSE and Government websites, the links were provided in the previous email. Could you please have a look at the sites mentioned and update your risk assessment accordingly. Also some of the key things you should be covering include hand hygiene, vehicle cleaning before each journey, ventilation, loading passengers (using rear seats first and working forward), driver protection if required (e.g. screens), vehicle signage, procedure for suspected covid symptoms, staff not to come to work if symptomatic etc. SEN transport contractors should also be addressing risk mitigation for PAs as well as drivers.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:34 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:
I’ve had a look at the risk assessment that you have sent through and I would advise that it needs to contain more detail. As a minimum you should be identifying what the hazards are, who is at risk and how, what controls are in place, what other actions need to be taken. Ideally there should also be something that indicates it is being issued to staff and they are signing to say they have read and understood it. There are examples and guidance on the HSE and Government websites, the links were provided in the previous email. Could you please have a look at the sites mentioned and update your risk assessment accordingly. Also some of the key things you should be covering include hand hygiene, vehicle cleaning before each journey, ventilation, loading passengers (using rear seats first and working forward), driver protection if required (e.g. screens), vehicle signage, procedure for suspected covid symptoms, staff not to come to work if symptomatic etc. SEN transport contractors should also be addressing risk mitigation for PAs as well as drivers.

I think they are confusing normal risk assessment requirements with Covid prevention Guidance.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:07 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

I think they are confusing normal risk assessment requirements with Covid prevention Guidance.

wait till monday...

my lad is a qualified Quality Assurance assessor and has knocked up a 5 page risk assessment document any hospital manager would be in awe of, lets see if the BS asses like that

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:31 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

wait till monday...

my lad is a qualified Quality Assurance assessor and has knocked up a 5 page risk assessment document any hospital manager would be in awe of, lets see if the BS asses like that

Even if they loved it to bits they would never admit to you that they did.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:04 am 

bloodnock wrote:

Thats only half the story, i won 2 new school runs thursday, ive had to decline 1, their required PL+EL of £200 was not to the drivers liking (i make nothing on his work) so BOOM, back you go

Monday my phone is off...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:45 am 

bloodnock wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

wait till monday...

Your SO wrong

she replied

"thanks"

(I sensed she was gnashing her teeth)

the template is available should anyone need it FOC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:10 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

wait till monday...

Your SO wrong

she replied

"thanks"

(I sensed she was gnashing her teeth)

the template is available should anyone need it FOC

Yes please, could come in very useful next year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:34 pm 

bloodnock wrote:

PM me yr email

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:26 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

PM me yr email

Just have.. :)