Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:29 pm 

Well this is unexpected. Normally the East zone is the black sheep of the Fife zones, with only a first-time pass rate of 92% or so [-X

This compares to the other zones, which normally have pass rates of 99/100% or so :-o

But this year the East zone has also achieved a 99% pass rate =D>

But I wondered why it said only 64 cars tested, then I realised... 8-[

Fife Council wrote:
At the Regulation and Licensing Committee on Tuesday 18th August a report was presented by Fleet Services detailing the results of the annual tests for taxi/private hire cars in Levenmouth. There was a 99% pass rate with only one vehicle out of 89 failing the test.

In the same report, the results of the annual tests for taxi/private hire cars in East Fife revealed they also had a 99% pass rate with only one vehicle out of 64 failing the test.

The Committee wished to pass their thanks and congratulations to Levenmouth and East Fife Operators for their hard work ensuring the high standard of vehicle maintenance and take comfort in knowing that the travelling public in Fife are well served by the high standard of taxi and private hire services. Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:30 pm 

Fife Council wrote:
In the same report, the results of the annual tests for taxi/private hire cars in East Fife revealed they also had a 99% pass rate with only one vehicle out of 64 failing the test.

Wondered where the 64 figure came from - there's 150 HCs, and a few dozen PHVs in the East zone.

But, of course, all the tests are done at the same time over a couple of months, and that was halted mid-way because of Covid.

So don't know if that had any bearing on the 99% pass rate. It shouldn't, but maybe they were leaving the dodgy owners till last :wink:

I was one of the early ones, so my car was one of the 64 tested. And, glad to say, I wasn't the one who failed [-(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:32 pm 

Quote:
Wondered where the 64 figure came from - there's 150 HCs, and a few dozen PHVs in the East zone.

So have the other 90 not been tested yet?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:34 pm 

Note that the other Fife zones (mainly Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline and Glenrothes) have their tests at a different time of year, so aren't included above.

So I'm guessing that because testing has been suspended then some of the zones may end up without any cars tested at all this year :-o

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:36 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

So have the other 90 not been tested yet?

No - I'm assuming they won't be tested at all this year, and won't be done until the usual diet in March/April next year. Must be about 200 HCs and PHVs in the zone, so two thirds of them have escaped the test this year :?

And as I said above, some of the zones may end up with *zero* cars tested this year - if they were scheduled for June/July, say.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:59 am 

Zones should have been abolished a few years back so why do we still have them