Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: fit and proper?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:15 pm 

I hope the link works. This is episode 7, there are 6 previous episodes with similar content. Take a listen to this podcast from a driver in our town. Most of us here think it is disgusting and we certainly wouldn't want our kids to travel with him or download this.
Warning contains very explicit sexual references and possible anti sematic references.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... tWsm1Of1sf

Post subject: Re: fit and proper?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:44 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I don't do fakebook does this appear anywhere else such as youtube ?

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:14 pm 

edders23 wrote:
I don't do fakebook does this appear anywhere else such as youtube ?

It is on spotify.
https://anchor.fm/sitdownstandup?fbclid ... s3KeiRv5us

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:12 pm 

grandad wrote:
I hope the link works. This is episode 7, there are 6 previous episodes with similar content. Take a listen to this podcast from a driver in our town. Most of us here think it is disgusting and we certainly wouldn't want our kids to travel with him or download this.
Warning contains very explicit sexual references and possible anti sematic references.

Gave it a minute and the fella is taking a risk with his livelihood. #-o

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:58 pm 

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:

Gave it a minute and the fella is taking a risk with his livelihood. #-o

Trust me, it gets worse as the time goes by. Our licensing have listened to the earlier podcasts and said it was borderline. Podcast 7 is the worst of them so far but they are all of a similar vein. The chair of licensing gave it 2 minutes this morning and her first comment was "this is grim." followed by "Sent it to the enforcement team. I believe between them they've ploughed through most of it and found it "borderline". It was suggested that perhaps someone could have a quite word with him about it as it is inappropriate, I'd not want him driving my kids around, but I don't know if that's been done yet. Will keep you posted."
As an aside this chap was accused of rape by a customer a couple of years ago but there was no evidence at the time due to the complaint not being made for a couple of months afterwards.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:11 am 

the trouble is the complaint is coming from a taxi rival not someone who has nothing to gain what is needed is outraged members of the public to complain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:15 am 

edders23 wrote:
the trouble is the complaint is coming from a taxi rival not someone who has nothing to gain what is needed is outraged members of the public to complain

The trade are actually asking the licensing team to listen to the content and make their own mind up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:00 pm 

Quote:
As an aside this chap was accused of rape by a customer a couple of years ago but there was no evidence at the time due to the complaint not being made for a couple of months afterwards.

This sort of follows from the other thread about fitness and propriety.

I think if the police contacted the council and gave them an opinion based on what evidence they uncovered, even if it didn't pass the charge threshold, then the council could act.

Even if that act was merely to ask the driver for his version of events, which could depending on that version, be a basis for enforcement action.

As I said on that other thread, times have changed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:55 am 

Sussex wrote:
This sort of follows from the other thread about fitness and propriety.

Yes, and again maybe symptomatic of different councils approaching different things in a different manner.

And different police forces will approach such matters differently. And although councils don't have to be consistent with the approach of police, no doubt police opinion holds more sway with some councils than others.

Don't know what to think of this guy, to be honest.

Taxi driver tells crude jokes. I mean...

Taxi driver tells crude jokes in the public domain...

Taxi driver tells crude jokes about his passengers (real or imagined) in the public domain...

But a past rape allegation makes it a whole different ballgame, in my opinion. Of course, the signficance of that would depend on the nature of the allegation etc, but certainly a game-changer as regards my reading of the situation.

But even assuming he's totally harmless with regard to his passengers, very poor judgement putting this kind of stuff in the public domain.

And off the scale poor judgement for someone alleged to have raped a passenger, again even assuming he's totally harmless.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:17 pm 

I think a link to this should be sent to a few womens rights groups they'd soon kick up a fuss.

Also to the broadcasting standards people

It is also available on half a dozen platforms including google podcast where I listened to about 2 or 3 minutes after which I had to switch it off.

I think it is really a case of should he be allowed to broadcast this at all irrespective of his occupation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:08 pm 

edders23 wrote:
I think a link to this should be sent to a few womens rights groups they'd soon kick up a fuss.

Also to the broadcasting standards people

It is also available on half a dozen platforms including google podcast where I listened to about 2 or 3 minutes after which I had to switch it off.

I think it is really a case of should he be allowed to broadcast this at all irrespective of his occupation

I had a couple of football supporters site show up with the link. One was Manchester United and the other was Liverpool. I would guess that both of these sites are used by minors.
Anyone got a link to mumsnet?