Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:33 pm 

Loads of stuff on TDO pointing out the depressing side of the current situation, a lot of it posted by me, however there has been an increase of better news (not directly taxi/PH trade related) and so we have this happy thread to post any Covid good news.

I will start by what Sir John Bell, regius professor of medicine at Oxford University and a member of the government’s vaccine taskforce, said on the Today programme. He thought it would be possible to vaccinate “a very large percentage” of the population by the spring. He said:

We can get vaccines into people in the UK and in most western countries pretty effectively. So I think the idea that we’re going to vaccinate a very large percentage of the population by spring is completely possible.

And I think that will make a big difference, people will be then less anxious about catching the disease because they will be vaccinated, transmissions will fall to a low level and we may not be back completely to normal but things are going to look dramatically different by the spring.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:24 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I am still cautious as these things are never as straightforward I think a vaccination program by next summer is more realistic

must dig out the stories of runners going round Stockport dressed as Spiderman and the Dalek attacking wheelie bins they were amusing

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:57 pm 

edders23 wrote:

must dig out the stories of runners going round Stockport dressed as Spiderman and the Dalek attacking wheelie bins they were amusing

You don't have to dig out about Stockport for that we had a chap here doing the same.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:20 pm 

Oxford vaccine shows promise. \:D/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54993652

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:28 pm 

I really like this bloke. He is straight to the point and doesn't get involved in politics.

Not only is he bigging up the Pfizer vaccine in this vlog, but he also bigging up the way that both Pfizer and Modena have got to the create their vaccines. He says that this way can help cure, with a bit of tinkering, diseases and cancers that currently have no cure.

He is also a fan of the Oxford vaccine, who are using a more traditional way to create their vaccine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kb1exHnDcQ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:23 pm 

I am still worried though that our government will be pressured into committing to the rushed pfizer one when this or the Belgium one look to be a safer bet :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:26 pm 

Stockton boy spread McDonald's drive-thru kindness

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-54902008

A six-year-old boy who paid for another person's meal at a McDonald's drive-thru sparked a chain of kindness when everyone in the queue followed suit.

Blake Durham was ordering breakfast at the fast food chain in Stockton-on-Tees when he told his mum he wanted to "do something kind".

He told his server he would buy food for the man in the car behind.

The youngster's act of kindness then spread - with car after car paying for the meal of those next in line.

Blake said he had wanted to make the first recipient "happy and let them have a good day."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:43 pm 

When they vaccinate that turd the Queen and the rest of her von windsor trash parasites with a vaccine live on TV then i might consider it, until then they can keep their experiments to themselves especially from the Kraut mob pfizer who were of course involved in forced human experimentation on prisoners in Auschwitz under the Name Bayer =D>

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:56 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
When they vaccinate that turd the Queen and the rest of her von windsor trash parasites with a vaccine live on TV then i might consider it, until then they can keep their experiments to themselves especially from the Kraut mob pfizer who were of course involved in forced human experimentation on prisoners in Auschwitz under the Name Bayer =D>

eh Pfizer is an American company based in New York nothing to do with Bayer who are a German company based in Leverkusen

unless there's been a massive takeover that I never heard about in the news ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:44 pm 

Mmmm. So much for the '...Good News Thread!' :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:18 pm 

The NHS’ current plan for the covid vaccine rollout — dependent on the arrival of supplies — would see the whole adult population able to begin receiving it before the end of January, according to leaked documents seen by HSJ.

Under the plan, everyone who wants to would have been vaccinated by early April.

NHS England’s draft covid-19 vaccine deployment programme, seen by HSJ, reveals when each cohort is likely to begin receiving it, based on its plans to create huge capacity across GP-run facilities, “large scale mass vaccination sites”, NHS trusts, and “roving models” for those who cannot travel.

It relies on a range of assumptions including that there will be 75 per cent takeup, outside of residential settings like care homes and prisons, where 100 per cent is expected.

The plan also relies on supplies, including more than 7 million doses being available in December. It is not clear what impact a delay to this would have on the rollout. With most doses due to be administered between early January and mid March — at a rate of 4-5 million every week — a small delay may not make a huge impact to the overall schedule.

The document is dated 13 November and was shared among some senior NHS regional leaders yesterday.

The document sets out, under this main planning scenario, when each population group would begin to receive the vaccine. Cohorts would run concurrently — one does not need to be completed before another starts.

It starts with care home residents, social care workers and healthcare workers at the beginning of December. It states that there is uncertainty about whether government will decide if unpaid carers are included in the care worker cohort — if so, it would add more than 5 million people to this priority group.

The plan would see vaccination of all priority cohorts completed by the end of February, with everyone who wants it in the English over-18s population vaccinated by April.

The dates pencilled in for beginning each group are:

● Care home residents and staff, healthcare workers - from beginning of December;

● Ages 80 plus - from mid-December;

● Everyone aged 70-80 - from late December;

● Everyone aged 65-70 - from early January;

● All high and moderate risk under 65s - from early January;

● Everyone aged 50-65 - from mid January; and

● Everyone aged 18-50 - from late January; but with the bulk of this group vaccinated during March.

The plan would see 88.5 million vaccination doses delivered across England, with two doses per person over the age of 18, by the end of April. The doses must be given 28 days apart, for both the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine (known in the planning documents by the codename Courageous) and the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine (known by the name Talent), according to the document.

The document stresses the plan is based on current supply intelligence, subject to data from trials and licensing by regulators, to some unknowns about logistics of delivery, and government decisions about priority groups.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:37 am 

As I say this is dependent on supplies and final results from testing so lets not get our hopes up too much or we're all in for disappointment!

It will be available WHEN it's ready :wink: \:D/

and I for one would prefer the Oxford/Astra zeneca than the pfizer vaccine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:42 am 

edders23 wrote:
As I say this is dependent on supplies and final results from testing so lets not get our hopes up too much or we're all in for disappointment!

And you think you will be offered a menu, when you’re in a mile long queue outside your local health centre?
“ And would sir care for a glass of tizer with that” :lol: :lol: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:17 pm 

jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:

And you think you will be offered a menu, when you’re in a mile long queue outside your local health centre?

Ni of course not BUT I am hoping the government chooses the MOST EFFECTIVE vaccine not the one that's getting heavily promoted

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:58 pm 

edders23 wrote:
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Ni of course not BUT I am hoping the government chooses the MOST EFFECTIVE vaccine not the one that's getting heavily promoted

“Hope, choice and efficacy “ I don’t think you are going to get much choice, nor I, apart from take it or leave it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next