Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:23 pm 

I do not understand why all taxi drivers are complaining my work is Down 90% as our only main source of income was the train station and weekend nights now with not many people coming off the trains And pubs clubs closed drivers are lucky to make £10 a day here, personally I only went out on weekends when the pubs re opened and when the 10pm curfew came in I didn’t bother again as I have been spending time with my children and wife and March - July I didn’t earn anything just went out weekends July - mid September and since then haven’t earned a single penny but with the Self employment grant been helping me out as it’s only a percentage shy of how much I would of normally be earning and I am not complaining a single bit actually having the best time of my life spending time with my family not having to go to work and still being paid with the Grant.

Don’t understand why taxi drivers are all over the country complaining if the government is giving them the grant and they are still working they should consider themselves lucky as they are earning more than they normally would be as the grant is giving them and also making extra by working .

As long as the government is giving the grant I’m more than happy to stay off work, Its a blessing in disguise as I haven’t had this much time off in my life and I love every single day of it.

We should be grateful our government is supporting us by giving us these Grants, Everyone should stop complaining and be grateful for everything our government is doing .

The drivers who are choosing to work if they can’t stay at home should be happy with whatever they are earning as nobody is telling you to go out and work.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:54 pm 

As has been stated before NOT EVERYONE WAS ELIGIBLE FOR THE GRANTS.

Majority of those complaining have been people who have received the grant.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:52 pm 

rashid wrote:
I do not understand why all taxi drivers are complaining my work is Down 90% as our only main source of income was the train station and weekend nights now with not many people coming off the trains And pubs clubs closed drivers are lucky to make £10 a day here, personally I only went out on weekends when the pubs re opened and when the 10pm curfew came in I didn’t bother again as I have been spending time with my children and wife and March - July I didn’t earn anything just went out weekends July - mid September and since then haven’t earned a single penny but with the Self employment grant been helping me out as it’s only a percentage shy of how much I would of normally be earning and I am not complaining a single bit actually having the best time of my life spending time with my family not having to go to work and still being paid with the Grant.

Don’t understand why taxi drivers are all over the country complaining if the government is giving them the grant and they are still working they should consider themselves lucky as they are earning more than they normally would be as the grant is giving them and also making extra by working .

As long as the government is giving the grant I’m more than happy to stay off work, Its a blessing in disguise as I haven’t had this much time off in my life and I love every single day of it.

We should be grateful our government is supporting us by giving us these Grants, Everyone should stop complaining and be grateful for everything our government is doing .

The drivers who are choosing to work if they can’t stay at home should be happy with whatever they are earning as nobody is telling you to go out and work.

Very happy for you......Pity it's not the same for everyone else......ps money does not make up for losing one of your family

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:17 pm 

Quote:

Not everyone is getting the grant, many are not for a number of reasons which have been outlined on this forum.

Also some drivers are earning next to nothing when they come out to work, some may say why do they come out then, well next to nothing is better than nothing.

We must also take into account the government grant doesn't take into account your running costs like car repayments and insurance, so that money has to be found.

In respect of moaning for more money, I prefer the word 'lobbying'. A lot of money has been set aside by the government for businesses in trouble, our trade is very much a lot of businesses in trouble, so the more help we can get the better.

As for the second part of your header, I very much thank the NHS. It paid off 50% of my mortgage. =D>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:25 pm 

Leicestershire County Council have offered a grant of £1,000 for rural pubs and many of the landlords are saying what an insult this is. I replied that I wish someone would insult me by offering me £1,000. The stick I got until i pointed out that many most taxi drivers were self employed and not eligible for any of the help and they were dependent on the pubs being open for work. That shut them up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:17 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Having a good moan is a cornerstone of our society to not moan is very unbritish it is a cornerstone of our society along with talking about the weather and queueing!

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !