Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:23 pm 

More than 1 in 100 people in the UK have now been vaccinated (first dose).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:15 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
finally we can start mass vaccination instead of trickle vaccination

Covid-19: Oxford-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine approved for use in UK

The coronavirus vaccine designed by scientists at the University of Oxford has been approved for use in the UK.

It marks a major turning point and will lead to a massive expansion in the UK's immunisation campaign, which is aimed at getting life back to normal.

The UK has ordered 100 million doses from the manufacturer AstraZeneca - enough to vaccinate 50 million people.

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:22 am 

edders23 wrote:

The coronavirus vaccine designed by scientists at the University of Oxford has been approved for use in the UK.

It marks a major turning point and will lead to a massive expansion in the UK's immunisation campaign, which is aimed at getting life back to normal.

The UK has ordered 100 million doses from the manufacturer AstraZeneca - enough to vaccinate 50 million people.

It will still take several months to vaccinate everyone who wants to be vaccinated due to the limits on the people available to administer the vaccination.
It would be great if they could say to a whole town just turn up on Saturday and form a queue and we will have 100 people doing the vaccinations at a rate of 1 every 3 minutes (that is the time taken at our surgery for the flu vaccine) but that is not going to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:24 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:

It will still take several months to vaccinate everyone who wants to be vaccinated due to the limits on the people available to administer the vaccination.
It would be great if they could say to a whole town just turn up on Saturday and form a queue and we will have 100 people doing the vaccinations at a rate of 1 every 3 minutes (that is the time taken at our surgery for the flu vaccine) but that is not going to happen.

and I thought you were a glass 3/4 full kinda guy :!:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:32 am 

edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:

I am, but I still think it will take several months to get the job done which is still way better than not being able to do anything.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:07 pm 

grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:

I am, but I still think it will take several months to get the job done which is still way better than not being able to do anything.

The israeli’s know how to do it. Already inoculated 5.7% of its population as opposed to the UK’s 1.2 %

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:31 pm 

Brilliant news on the Oxford vaccine. \:D/

Also interesting news on the protection a single dose gives on this and the Pfizer vaccine.

Looking like the first doses will give 70% protection from the disease, and 100% from serious illness.

Seems like the plan is to give as many folks a first dose, and once done give them the second dose that will ensure greater long term protection.

Another good day folks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:42 pm 

Agree Sussex.

This is the light at the end of the tunnel,2021 is going to be much more inclined to be more normal for us all unless this government cocks it all up again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:32 pm 

heathcote wrote:
Agree Sussex.

This is the light at the end of the tunnel,2021 is going to be much more inclined to be more normal for us all unless this government cocks it all up again.

its the people who are cocking it up

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:08 pm 

Quote:
its the people who are cocking it up

You are almost bang on.

I say almost as this new variant is a bit naughty and even folks that take reasonable precautions are getting it.

Thank f*** it's not more dangerous.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:41 pm 

jimbo wrote:
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:

The israeli’s know how to do it. Already inoculated 5.7% of its population as opposed to the UK’s 1.2 %

The population of Israel is a little over 9 million. The population of the UK is over 67 million. Not a very good comparison.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:13 pm 

That is the way statisticians do it, this is how we are some times misled by the data that is published.
Percentages are used mainly to distort things.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:21 pm 

One in 50 of the UK population has had at least one dose of the vaccine.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:30 pm 

Some positive vaccine stats:

- Around 2 million people in the UK have now been vaccinated.

- 200,000 are currently being vaccinated a day

- On course to hit 2 million a week

- More people vaccinated in the last week than in the whole of the first month.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:55 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Some positive vaccine stats:

- Around 2 million people in the UK have now been vaccinated.

- 200,000 are currently being vaccinated a day

- On course to hit 2 million a week

- More people vaccinated in the last week than in the whole of the first month.

I wonder how many have refused the offer of a jab, and why.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next