Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:31 pm 

Thurrock taxi drivers are receiving the above at a rate of 667.00 pounds per month. payments been made within the last 2 weeks for
2001 pounds which covers 3 month period December January and February

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:33 am 

:-o Sounds very generous, depending on how long it's intended to last.

But for badgeholders, presumably rather than plates? And HC and PH?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:53 am 

taxitone wrote:
Thurrock taxi drivers are receiving the above at a rate of 667.00 pounds per month. payments been made within the last 2 weeks for
2001 pounds which covers 3 month period December January and February

how many taxi and p/h are there

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:36 am 

can you put a link

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:22 pm 

It would be interesting to find out which political party is in control of the Authority given trade (TAXI and P/Hire) grants from the ARG or LRG funds.

One gets the feeling Labour controlled Authorities are dragging their feet and that includes mine.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:30 pm 

heathcote wrote:
It would be interesting to find out which political party is in control of the Authority...

Thurrock is Conservative-controlled at the moment, according to Wiki.

Conservative-led administration since 2016, although no overall control until 2019:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thurrock_Council

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:51 pm 

roughly 400 licensed vehicles, as far as i am aware you have to be plate and badge holder, will speak to some drivers that rent or drive company vehicles and see if the was eligible

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:54 pm 

taxitone wrote:
roughly 400 licensed vehicles, as far as i am aware you have to be plate and badge holder, will speak to some drivers that rent or drive company vehicles and see if the was eligible

was it on the news

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:13 pm 

dont think it was on the news, but Thurrock licensing sent out emails to operators on 7th December 2020 advising us that support was available

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:17 pm 

submitted my application on 15th Jan 2021, received email around 30th jan that they needed a few extra pieces of information regarding my trading, sent that in then on 5th feb 2001 pounds in my account

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:57 am 

taxitone wrote:
submitted my application on 15th Jan 2021, received email around 30th jan that they needed a few extra pieces of information regarding my trading, sent that in then on 5th feb 2001 pounds in my account

Thank you very much =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:04 pm 

taxitone wrote:

Brilliant. =D>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:51 pm 

Salford drivers to get £500.

https://www.salford.gov.uk/your-council ... t-package/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:58 pm 

CHECKLIST
Liverpool City Region Local Business Support Grant
EVIDENCE REQUIRED FROM ALL APPLICANTS (COMPULSORY)
If your business is in the Business Rates system:-
• Your business rates reference number, and upload
• A copy of your bill from April 2020 to March 2021 (even if you do not pay anything because your business
benefits from Small Business Rates Relief)
If your business is not in the Business Rates system but you do have commercial property related
costs, you must provide evidence that clearly shows the financial contribution that you are required to make
as part of the agreement.
One item from the following list to be uploaded:
• A copy of the current commercial lease, licence or rental agreement, including agreements for spaces such
as small lockups or for regular hire of space in leisure / hospitality / sports premises
• An up to date mortgage statement, or
• Up to date land registry office copies confirming a mortgage is still registered against the commercialproperty

NOTE: Home mortgage or home rental payments are not acceptable evidence
A copy of recent business bank statements (within last 3 months). The details must match the name of the
business, or individual listed on the business rates bill or lease / mortgage agreement / licence, and clearly show:
• name of the bank account holder
• business address
• sort code and account number
• business transactions
A recent utility bill (Gas, Electricity, Water or Telephone line within last 3 months) council tax bills are not
acceptable – the bill should clearly show the business address or home address (if you operate your business
from home)
If you are a limited company: The Companies House Number and Date of Incorporation
If you are Self-Employed: Your HMRC Unique Tax Reference Number (10 digit)
If you are registered for VAT: Your VAT Number
All businesses will be asked to make a declaration which will include the following:-

Nature of business i.e. What the business does.
If you are applying as a Care Home: The Care Quality Commission registration number
If you are applying as a Nursery: The OFSTED registration number
Confirmation that the business was established and trading before 31 October 2020
Confirmation that the business is trading on the date of application
Confirmation of the number of staff you employ. You must employ a minimum of 1 person (this can be the selfemployed, a Director, sole trader).
Confirmation of eligibility under State aid rules.
Confirmation that the business has not previously received a Hospitality and Leisure Grant from Round 1 or
Hospitality, Leisure and Retail Grant (Expanded Scheme) Round 2; or has received or is eligible for a Taxi
Driver’s Grant or a Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) from its Local Authority.

Confirmation that the business is a Small or Micro business under the Companies Act 2006

You must complete the online application form in one session as it cannot be saved. You may encounter problems using the 'Safari’ web browser. We recommend that you use Chrome, Edge or Internet Explorer.
How much will I get?
Self employed people, home-based workers, sole traders and licensed market traders will be granted £3,750. The table below shows how much business with commercial premises will receive.
If your application is approved, we aim to pay the grant via BACS in 10 working days. A BACS payment can take up to three days to reach your bank account.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:10 pm 

Torbay council paying out £934 a month. Drivers receiving backdated payments of £3400.