Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: WEB SPEEDS
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:13 pm 

My internet has been upgraded ^Virgin" and is giving speeds of between 70 and 432 mbps according to me phone is this any good aint noticed much difference meself #-o

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

Post subject: Re: WEB SPEEDS
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:58 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
trotskys twin wrote:
My internet has been upgraded ^Virgin" and is giving speeds of between 70 and 432 mbps according to me phone is this any good aint noticed much difference meself #-o

It sounds faster than mine but I also find that I don't notice the difference however I am told that if you are in the habit of downloading films or large music files you can tell the difference

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:52 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:

I'm getting BT fibre direct to the property next week. No other company does fibre direct to the property. Virgin aren't fibre to the property, they are only fibre to the nearest box then copper to the property. Virgin Media is way over utilised with customers meaning the copper can't handle it. With BT FTTP (Fibre to the Property) I will be getting speeds of 1Gbps which is near enough 950MBPS

Virgin Media were on Watchdog on Wednesday night regarding poor speeds.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:59 am 

Your ISP is only the last link in the chain - if you visit a website located on a slow or overloaded server your ISP will deliver the bits it gets straight away at full speed but it can only send them to you as fast as it gets the bits from the website visited. ie if the website is sending at 10Mbps it doesn't matter if your connection is 1000Mbps you'll only receive at an average of 10Mbps (but in small chunks from your ISP at 1000Mbps !)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:54 pm 

your device RAM, CPU speed and memory capacity will constrain incoming data, imagine a 5" mains water pipe/200 gallons per minute meeting a 1" pipe to your tap...

try clearing the memory cache and idle files

or upgrade your machine/device

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:35 pm 

Mines are currently 27.34MBps Download and 6.57MBps upload...far slower than BT Fibre 2 High-speed fibre broadband advertise that they should be :sad:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:40 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
Mines are currently 27.34MBps Download and 6.57MBps upload...far slower than BT Fibre 2 High-speed fibre broadband advertise that they should be :sad:

Wifi is always slower than hardwired (see my PC speed below), on my phone (on 3) i get higher speed on data than on wifi

Quote:
44.9 Mbps download

9.38 Mbps upload

Latency: 9 ms
Server: London
Your Internet connection is fast.

Your Internet connection should be able to handle multiple devices streaming HD videos at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:10 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

Wifi is always slower than hardwired (see my PC speed below), on my phone (on 3) i get higher speed on data than on wifi

Quote:
44.9 Mbps download

9.38 Mbps upload

Your Internet connection should be able to handle multiple devices streaming HD videos at the same time.

On the back of TT's thread I contacted BT and on the threat of taking my Broadband elsewhere they suddenly offered me a deal that gave me the Latest home hub 2 as part of a Broadband and land line package that is £38 less per month than I currently pay..........it won't give me faster BB speed but it will give me better signal strength through out my home as well as up 700 minutes of call divert to my EE mobiles.

It rather Pee's me off though that as a loyal BT customer of at least twenty years that they never considered offering me this type of deal long before I phoned them to complain.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:46 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

Quote:
44.9 Mbps download

9.38 Mbps upload

On the back of TT's thread I contacted BT and on the threat of taking my Broadband elsewhere they suddenly offered me a deal that gave me the Latest home hub 2 as part of a Broadband and land line package that is £38 less per month than I currently pay..........it won't give me faster BB speed but it will give me better signal strength through out my home as well as up 700 minutes of call divert to my EE mobiles.

It rather Pee's me off though that as a loyal BT customer of at least twenty years that they never considered offering me this type of deal long before I phoned them to complain.

Ive no doubt they ARE ALL effing crooks heres my deal with Virgin. 2 OUTLETS FRONT ROOM AND ANOTHER ROOM

All sports chanels including BT sky movies virgin movies 300 other chanels discovey blaze paramoung etc unrestricted broadband upto 500 mbs, landine phone all calls free including international and to mobiles £101 A MONTH IE A PONY A WEEK 18 MONTH DEAL .......................SEEMS OK TO ME ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THE FOOTBALL ONLATELY ............ALSO GOT AMAZON PRIME WHICH BUNGS IN MORE FOOTBALL £79 PER YEAR ............................ANY ONE GOT BETTER ???

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:39 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

Quote:
44.9 Mbps download

9.38 Mbps upload

Ive no doubt they ARE ALL effing crooks heres my deal with Virgin. 2 OUTLETS FRONT ROOM AND ANOTHER ROOM

All sports chanels including BT sky movies virgin movies 300 other chanels discovey blaze paramoung etc unrestricted broadband upto 500 mbs, landine phone all calls free including international and to mobiles £101 A MONTH IE A PONY A WEEK 18 MONTH DEAL .......................SEEMS OK TO ME ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THE FOOTBALL ONLATELY ............ALSO GOT AMAZON PRIME WHICH BUNGS IN MORE FOOTBALL £79 PER YEAR ............................ANY ONE GOT BETTER ???

IPTV stick, £40 a year for over 1000 channels, no money goes to Sky or Virgin. Thank me later

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:02 pm 

Nidge tell me more sunshine =D> =D> =D>

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE