Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Representing
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:43 pm 

There is a council where we have members two drivers have told them that they don't want to be members I have not got an issue with that mind you, they not said it to us only to the council.
now the council want to know all about the association's membership the thing is they are spending more time trying to control me than what they should be doing. ](*,) I can't tell you the name of the council I have instructed our solicitor

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

Post subject: Re: Representing
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:54 pm 

charles007 wrote:
There is a council where we have members two drivers have told them that they don't want to be members I have not got an issue with that mind you, they not said it to us only to the council.
now the council want to know all about the association's membership the thing is they are spending more time trying to control me than what they should be doing. ](*,) I can't tell you the name of the council I have instructed our solicitor

Everyone is entitled to have their say, be they a one-man band or a union/association of thousands.

I'm told it's called democracy.

Only a rather foolish council would automatically assume the views offered by a union/association of thousands are more credible than the views of a one-man band.

My point is that councils should always consider the views of everyone and a credible concise opinion should carry the same weight no matter where it comes from.