Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:23 pm 

Seven day average of England admissions is now 589.

Lowest it’s been since Step 3 (was 580 on 16 July).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:26 pm 

Christopher Snowdon
@cjsnowdon

Confirmed Covid cases (England)
1 December 2020 - 30 March 2021: 2,352,985
1 June to 23 September: 2,532,098

Covid deaths (England)
1 December 2020 - 30 March 2021: 58,067
1 June to 23 September: 6,497

Vaccines work.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:16 pm 

Not been too much good news on this front for a while, but this from the Telegraph is an indicator of where we will be in a few weeks/months.

Three-quarters of children aged between five and 14 in England have been infected with Covid, experts estimate, amid signs the epidemic in young people is falling.

Real-time data from the MRC Biostatistics Unit (BSU), at the University of Cambridge, suggested that nearly half of school-age youngsters under the age of 15 caught the virus between the beginning of September and October 20 - taking the total infected to 76 per cent.

The huge number of infections in school-age children has been largely behind the steep rises in cases over the past month, but scientists now believe that many youngsters susceptible to the illness have already been infected.

Latest data from the Government’s coronavirus dashboard shows that positive tests are now falling in line with modelling from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, which has forecast a sharp drop around the start of November.

The BSU data also shows that around 55 per cent of one to four-year-olds have been infected, as well as 71 per cent of 15 to 24-year-olds.

Separate analysis by The Telegraph shows that cases have now peaked for the under-20s and have started to fall. The rolling daily average hit 134.4 cases per 100,000 on October 19, and has since dropped 2.5 per cent to 131.1 per 100,000.

Children aged between 10 and 14 have seen the biggest decrease in the same period, with a fall of nearly three per cent.

Meaghan Kall, an epidemiologist at the UK Health Security Agency, cautioned that the October half term could be driving some of the decline, but said that the high numbers infected may suggest the children’s epidemic was waning.

“I am prepared to bet that England has seen the peak of cases in children,” she wrote on social media.

Older people ‘greatest priority’ for vaccine

The high protection rates in children and young people has led experts to call on the Government to prioritise older groups for booster vaccination, rather than children and young people.

Figures released by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) on Wednesday showed that although 99 per cent of the 70 to 79-year-olds are fully vaccinated, only 86 per cent still have antibodies, demonstrating a worrying waning of immunity over time. Similar falls are seen in those aged 60 to 69, as well as the over-80s.

Many of the people in the sample who tested negative for antibodies in the most recent week had received their vaccinations in the early stages of the rollout, the ONS said.

In contrast, 92 per cent of 16 to 24-year-olds have antibodies, even though just 81 per cent have been double jabbed.

Duncan Cook, head of analysis for the Covid-19 Infection Survey said: “Antibody positivity remains high across the UK population. It is increasing in younger adults, though we have seen a small decline, since June, in older age groups.”

Case rates are beginning to fall in the over-80s, suggesting that the booster programme is starting to have an impact. However, around two million people are becoming eligible for a third jab each week, as they hit the six-month mark from their second dose.

Experts said that the high infection levels and antibody levels in youngsters made them less of a priority for jabs.

Paul Hunter, professor in medicine at The Norwich School of Medicine, University of East Anglia, said: “In terms of vaccine policy, these observations would argue that more priority be given to boosting older and more vulnerable individuals than on improving take up in the 16 to 24 age group.

“However, the greatest priority remains persuading those older and more vulnerable individuals who have so far not come forward for their primary course to do so.”

Overall, around nine in 10 adults in all parts of the UK continue to have Covid-19 antibodies, the ONS data suggests.

The estimates range from 90 per cent in Wales to 92 per cent in England, with 90 per cent for Northern Ireland and 91 per cent for Scotland.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:26 am 

If this a good news thread I hate to think what the bad news thread is like

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:04 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:

I think it's great news that most kids have had covid and it hasn't really had that much of an efffect.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:36 pm 

Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

I think it's great news that most kids have had covid and it hasn't really had that much of an efffect.

155 deaths, 170 daily average

and rising

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:11 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

and rising

Think you will find that cases are falling quite fast.

Less this Sunday in the UK than was in England only last Sunday.

Deaths are still high, in fact any death makes the total too high, but they will fall soon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:43 am 

Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

and rising

Think you will find that cases are falling quite fast.

Less this Sunday in the UK than was in England only last Sunday.

Deaths are still high, in fact any death makes the total too high, but they will fall soon.

An average of 1500/1600 people die every day.

I do wonder when covid death figures are announced how many of those died with covid, as opposed to from covid.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:53 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
locally cases are about the same and deaths are sharply up

at least 1 nursing home has it running rife (the one that accepts lots of respite patients from Covid central (PCH))

and staff at said hospital are admitting to family and friends that the majority of the deaths are double jabbed people :sad:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:25 pm 

edders23 wrote:
locally cases are about the same and deaths are sharply up

at least 1 nursing home has it running rife (the one that accepts lots of respite patients from Covid central (PCH))

and staff at said hospital are admitting to family and friends that the majority of the deaths are double jabbed people :sad:

“Covid central” by which we must assume you mean Peterborough.

Between 2-8th November

Deaths down 25% positive tests down 28% hospitalisations down 17.4%

Dr. Doom gloom and despondency, trying again to spread alarm in the community.

Stop listening to some random bloke in the back of your minicab who heard in the pub that his sister had heard in Aldi that death rates were “soaring”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:35 pm 

Quote:
Stop listening to some random bloke in the back of your minicab who heard in the pub that his sister had heard in Aldi that death rates were “soaring”

1) I have been and always will be a hackney driver

2) the information was from Staff AT Peterborough city hospital

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:26 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Quote:

1) I have been and always will be a hackney driver

2) the information was from Staff AT Peterborough city hospital

1a) I know. I was winding you up.

2a) the government website doesn’t lie. (Or does it?) hmmm….

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:12 am 

Quote:

remember the government wants us to believe it's all going well to boost the economy and generate tax revenues

does the PM ever lie ? he's the main man that tells the rest of the government what to do

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:15 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Quote:

remember the government wants us to believe it's all going well to boost the economy and generate tax revenues

does the PM ever lie ? he's the main man that tells the rest of the government what to do

And Liebour don't lie do they? Remember the WMD they said Iraq had? None were found then, the guy who dropped Liebour in it was found in a field in the middle of nowhere stabbed in the neck. Police said "suicide," I say MI6.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:00 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Quote:

And Liebour don't lie do they? Remember the WMD they said Iraq had? None were found then, the guy who dropped Liebour in it was found in a field in the middle of nowhere stabbed in the neck. Police said "suicide," I say MI6.

kgb
mossad
cia
jason statham

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next