Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:48 pm 

Is a 17-year-old female a 'girl'?

Taxi driver sacked after telling girl she was ‘paedophile’s dream’

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/taxi-d ... iles-dream

The teenager's mum said the incident left her 'sick to her stomach'.

A taxi driver has been sacked after telling a girl in the backseat of his car that she was “every paedophile’s dream”.

The 17-year-old passenger said the man asked her age and, when she told him, said he thought she was only 12 years old.

He then described her as a “paedophile’s dream” before saying it was a joke.

The girl’s mum said she was “sick to her stomach” when her daughter let her listen to an audio recording from the journey.

The taxi driver, who was working for Network Private Hire in Glasgow, has since been removed from the service.

The cab company said it took “swift and decisive action” when they received the complaint.

The driver was immediately suspended and, following an investigation, he was sacked and Glasgow City Council licensing department was informed.

A spokesperson for Network Private Hire said: “We can confirm that we do not tolerate any such behaviour and took swift and decisive action.”

Community group No1seems2care shared the mother’s thanks to the taxi company.

A spokesperson said: “Paedophilia is no joke, especially in the company of a teenage girl, alone, whilst in the back of a taxi.”

A spokesman for Glasgow City Council said: “We have received notice of this complaint and it will be dealt with in the proper manner.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:15 pm 

Quote:
He then described her as a “paedophile’s dream” before saying it was a joke.

You have to wonder about the mentality of a person who could view that as a joke. #-o

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:45 pm 

A bit more on this, and there's a recording on the Record's website.

Sickening moment Scots taxi driver tells teenage girl she is 'every paedophile's dream'

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scot ... r-25926744

The 17-year-old filmed the Network Private Hire cabbie making the vile remark after he had asked her what age she was.

This is the sickening moment when a Scots taxi driver told a teenage girl that she was 'every paedophile's dream'.

The 17-year-old filmed the Network Private Hire cabbie making the vile remark after he had asked her what age she was.

The 'traumatised' teenager, who asked not to be named, started feeling uneasy when the Glasgow driver 'lost control of the car' while 'slurring his words' on Monday night.

She says he stopped at the lights and was staring at her, before asking her age.

When she told him she was 17, he replied 'oh my god are you?! I thought you were about 12'.

Then, as can be heard in the teenager's video, he proceeded to say 'oh my god man, every paedophile's dream', before laughing it off as a joke.

The girl told the Record: "I booked the taxi on the app 'Network Private Hire' as I always do.

"As soon as I got in the taxi the driver said, 'I've just started and I can't be f***** with this'.

"The more he was speaking I began to think he was drunk as he was slurring his words.

"He kept looking back at me and lost control of the car for a second and had to quickly grab onto the steering wheel.

"We then stopped at traffic lights and he looked back and stared at me, so I then started to record him so I had proof of this.

"He then asked me what age I was. When I said 17 he replied, 'oh my god are you?! I thought you were about 12'.

"I said yes, and he replied 'oh my god man, every paedophile's dream'.

"He then started saying, 'that's a joke hen, when you think about it'."

The frightened teenager says the driver then continued past her destination before finally stopping at the end of the road.

And he asked her to make a direct transfer - despite allegedly holding the card machine in his hand.

The teenager said: "When I arrived at my destination I had to tell him three times to stop as he kept going and dropped me off at the end of the street.

"I then asked to pay by card and he said he didn't have the card machine - even though it was in his hand - and asked me if I could transfer it to his personal bank."

Network Private Hire - who have recently joined with Hampden Cars to create GlasGO Cabs - confirmed the driver in question has now been sacked.

A family friend told the Record the incident left the young girl 'traumatised'.

She said: "The mother is my best friend. She's sick to her stomach.

"She was recording him because she thought he was drunk then he said what you could hear from the video clip.

"It's sickening and her daughter was traumatised. It's vile, absolutely vile."

A Network Private Hire spokesperson said: "We can confirm that when this complaint was brought to our attention management suspended the driver immediately pending investigation.

"Subsequently following investigation the driver has since be removed from our platform and both the customer and Glasgow city council licensing department notified.

"We can confirm that we do not tolerate any such behaviour and took swift and decisive action."

The family confirmed the incident has not yet been reported to Police Scotland.