Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: what?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:08 pm 

We did a COUNTY exploitation course 18 months ago for school contractor badges (£10, 30 of us in 1 room sweating like pigs) ........... the unit runs the same course for our licensing.

Last week licensing told us our 2016 course needed renewing as it was a 3 year certificate (er? 2016?....3 years?)

So I told em we had done one with county and didnt need to pay this £30 fee...

Reply?

"Ah, this is a course tailored to this area"

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

(not told em im out the game)

Post subject: Re: what?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:06 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
We did a COUNTY exploitation course 18 months ago for school contractor badges (£10, 30 of us in 1 room sweating like pigs
Could you have 30 people in a room 18 months ago?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:50 am 

Never underestimate how councils can continue to think up and create useless and needless policies and requirements.

Once the authorities are allowed to regulate a market expect more and more regulation and higher and higher costs as the years go by.

It's just what they do best.

Council tax never goes down does it?

Or your licensing fees etc?

That's because the council workers like all government and other bureaucratic departments paid by the taxpayer expect and get handsome pensions and benefits along with their higher than the free market rate salaries that they would never get in the real private economy because they are incompetent and the companies wouldn't pay them because if they did they would go bankrupt.

Moreover, the departments get bigger and bigger and more inefficient and thus a never ending situation of more costs passed on to the rate payers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:57 am 

Rebel-Taxi-Driver wrote:
Never underestimate how councils can continue to think up and create useless and needless policies and requirements.

Once the authorities are allowed to regulate a market expect more and more regulation and higher and higher costs as the years go by.

That's because the council workers like all government and other bureaucratic departments paid by the taxpayer expect and get handsome pensions and benefits along with their higher than the free market rate salaries that they would never get in the real private economy because they are incompetent and the companies wouldn't pay them because if they did they would go bankrupt.
Moreover, the departments get bigger and bigger and more inefficient and thus a never ending situation of more costs passed on to the rate payers.

Our license fees were reduced by 50% in 2016 after I led a campaign against the fees. i did have to resign my seat on the Council and accuse the Council of fraud to make it happen though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:27 pm 

grandad wrote:
Rebel-Taxi-Driver wrote:

Our license fees were reduced by 50% in 2016 after I led a campaign against the fees. i did have to resign my seat on the Council and accuse the Council of fraud to make it happen though.

Good for you.

It's one way to do it.

I decided to just not comply anymore and leave the trade.

I don't like to be told what size and age vehicle I need to have to do business by people who have no business giving me restrictions.

To give just one reason.

Perhaps if the income was high enough I might of put up with it longer.

But not for peanuts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:28 am 

grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
We did a COUNTY exploitation course 18 months ago for school contractor badges (£10, 30 of us in 1 room sweating like pigs
Could you have 30 people in a room 18 months ago?

bit before then