Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 4:30 pm 

Headline and strapline from Dorset Live, but main text is from official Dorset Police appeal. (Don't ask :? )

For thread title I assumed this was a legitimate public hire in an HC, but possibly an illegal PHV pick-up, but who knows. Using the t-word loosely, it could presumably be a pre-booked PH pickup, but to that extent the driver might have been traced by now, but who knows :-|

Taxi driver 'reverses into woman after indecently exposing himself in car' in Bournemouth

https://www.dorset.live/news/dorset-new ... er-7057746

The alleged incident saw the victim sexually assaulted 'in the taxi' before being hit

Officers investigating a reported sexual assault on a woman in Bournemouth are appealing for a Good Samaritan to come forward.

In the early hours of Thursday 24 March 2022 the victim, a woman aged in her 20s, had been out with friends in Bournemouth town centre and was walking home when she got into a taxi somewhere between the town centre and Winton area.

During the journey, it is reported that the male taxi driver made sexual comments to the victim and indecently exposed himself.

The victim screamed and made attempts to get out of the vehicle, which was locked. The suspect eventually stopped, and the victim got out of the car. As the victim attempted to turn her phone on, it is reported that the suspect reversed his car into her, causing her to fall backwards and hit her head on the ground.

Another man stopped at the scene and helped the victim to her feet. He administered first aid before driving her home to safety.

The matter was reported to Dorset Police on Thursday 5 May 2022.

Police Constable Elliot Penn, of North Bournemouth police, said: “While I appreciate this incident occurred some months ago and the exact location and time is not known, I believe there is a strong chance the man who came to the victim’s aid that morning may remember what happened and I would ask him to please get in touch with Dorset Police so we can take an account from him.

“I would also urge anyone else who witnessed what happened, or captured anything on dashcam or home CCTV, to please get in touch.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police at http://www.dorset.police.uk/contact, via email 101@dorset.pnn.police.uk or by calling 101, quoting occurrence number 55220070600. Alternatively, independent charity Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously online at Crimestoppers-uk.org or by calling Freephone 0800 555 111.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 4:31 pm 

Quote:
Police Constable Elliot Penn, of North Bournemouth police, said: “While I appreciate this incident occurred some months ago...

Incident happened 24 March, and press notice issued 9 May, so that's about six weeks.

So 'some months ago' sounds a tad misleading as regards tracing witnesses. I'd call it 'some weeks ago' :?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:50 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
our local police do the same; wait for the trail to go cold then make a feeble attempt to look as though they are taking it seriously

If this allegation is true this chap clearly is prepared to do anything to cover his tracks to my mind that makes him dangerous and the sooner we can get him out of the trade the better

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:02 pm 

StuartW wrote:
Quote:
Police Constable Elliot Penn, of North Bournemouth police, said: “While I appreciate this incident occurred some months ago...

Incident happened 24 March, and press notice issued 9 May, so that's about six weeks.

So 'some months ago' sounds a tad misleading as regards tracing witnesses. I'd call it 'some weeks ago' :?

Drives me mad that does.

Any CCTV footage of the assault or just the vehicle is now long gone.

Why the police don't issue this stuff straight away I will never understand.