Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: TX4 Imtercom problem
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 11:50 am 

Bit of weird one guys, I’m having intercom problems, both front speakers work, the passengers can hear me in the back, but I can’t hear the passengers, there’s literally nothing coming from the front speaker, intercom switch works, both speakers when radio is on, pressing the intercom switch and the intercom engages because I can hear that click noise from the speaker, but nothing from back as if front speaker is not on, Has anyone else had this issue or point me in the direction of what I could look at,

Thanks

Post subject: Re: TX4 Imtercom problem
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:56 am 

Just an update after trying to figure out what could be wrong, I found that if the volume control is unplugged the intercom works and I can now hear passengers, however I’m getting a lot of static noise coming through the one like if a mobile phone is interfering, when I had light static noise before I would normally just turn the volume down, the dilemma is the volume control is unplugged, I’ve tried plugging it in and turning the volume down and then unplugging to no avail, Tried a different volume control unit and it’s still the same, personally I don’t think the volume is getting turned down, is there a amplifier near the masey box that could be faulty?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: TX4 Imtercom problem
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:55 pm 

LondonCabbie7861 wrote:
Just an update after trying to figure out what could be wrong, I found that if the volume control is unplugged the intercom works and I can now hear passengers, however I’m getting a lot of static noise coming through the one like if a mobile phone is interfering, when I had light static noise before I would normally just turn the volume down, the dilemma is the volume control is unplugged, I’ve tried plugging it in and turning the volume down and then unplugging to no avail, Tried a different volume control unit and it’s still the same, personally I don’t think the volume is getting turned down, is there a amplifier near the masey box that could be faulty?

Thanks

its not a volume control,its basically a squelch control,not sure if this will help you though