Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:07 am 

Oh Dear, this is my 4th posting and I will only be credited with 2. Never mind, think I'm learning the ropes now.!!! 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:10 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Spanners, Baby, The issue is being swept under the carpet yet again. Public safety, particularly lone females is of prime importance and you know as well as anyone on here or previous contributors to any other site that we have a duty, albeit not statutory, to work as a team, whether PH or Hackney, in trying to ensure public safety.The only reason I saw the Dorset plate on Ebay was when I was looking for Kojak memorobilia. Koochie koo baby. 8) 8) 8)

come on an old dorset plate!
cannot anyone have taxi memorabilia?
take a look at Preston, they have convicted rapists driving cabs!

and take note there is nothing I repeat nothing within U.K law from rapists owning real live plates with your authority yes your authority an authority cannot revoke, suspend or refuse giving a vehicle license to a rapist,

they just cannot drive it!

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:46 am 
Wharfie wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Spanners, Baby, The issue is being swept under the carpet yet again. Public safety, particularly lone females is of prime importance and you know as well as anyone on here or previous contributors to any other site that we have a duty, albeit not statutory, to work as a team, whether PH or Hackney, in trying to ensure public safety.The only reason I saw the Dorset plate on Ebay was when I was looking for Kojak memorobilia. Koochie koo baby. 8) 8) 8)

and take note there is nothing I repeat nothing within U.K law from rapists owning real live plates with your authority yes your authority an authority cannot revoke, suspend or refuse giving a vehicle license to a rapist,

Wharfie
Sorry, mate, come on Geoff, Spanners, Wharfdriver or whatevever other usernames you have had, as I ventured, I did not know if it was an "old" Dorset plate or what, merely public conscience. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what everyone has to do to please you.? If I came to my old Auntie's house in West Yorkshire, perhaps I could pop along and exchange pleasantries and discuss the way the private hire and taxi business is going , particularly in your area 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:02 am 
Wharfie says they have convicted rapists driving cabs!! So how do they do that,I hope he has intelligence to back this up, surely the drivers will have been subject to CRB, if not why. I am not going to "shoot the messenger"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:45 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Wharfie says they have convicted rapists driving cabs!! So how do they do that,I hope he has intelligence to back this up, surely the drivers will have been subject to CRB, if not why. I am not going to "shoot the messenger"

been to committee and they have given it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:56 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Wharfie wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Wharfie
Sorry, mate, come on Geoff, Spanners, Wharfdriver or whatevever other usernames you have had, as I ventured, I did not know if it was an "old" Dorset plate or what, merely public conscience. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what everyone has to do to please you.? If I came to my old Auntie's house in Brighouse, perhaps I could pop along and exchange pleasantries and discuss the way the private hire and taxi business is going , particularly in your area 8) 8) 8)

Why would you wanna please me?
Why do you wanna know how private hire/ taxi licensing is going in the area?
Aunties old house in West Yorkshire eh? youve family all over the place havent you?
put the map book away, and concentrate on that you know best.

Wharfie :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:56 am 

I think the issue of ex-plates is a valid one.

But I'm afraid it is yet more evidence of lazy officialdom.

Down here when a council changed their HC plates, they asked a metal firm to mash them up, so they couldn't be used again.

Now how many reputable metal firms are there in the UK?

Thus the plates were back on sale to all and sundry, including the lads who's cars they were taken off.

Apparently, they look very nice on the back of the toilet door. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:09 pm 

volvoman wrote:
Oh Dear, this is my 4th posting and I will only be credited with 2. Never mind, think I'm learning the ropes now.!!! 8) 8) 8)

It's not your fault Volvoman, there's a problem with becoming logged out without actually having done so.

If you're composing a post make sure your name is shown as logged in [in brackets in the top right corner beside 'logout']. If your name's not there then your not logged in.

But even this might not guarantee your post will appear under your name because it seems that it is sometimes when you press the submit button that you become logged out, but your post probably will appear under 'guest'.

So it's probably best to sign your name at the bottom of each post, so if it happens then people will still know who posted it.

Sorry for the hassle, hopefully it will be sorted.

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:11 pm 

£6 for a plate?? - I take it there's no quota there then :)

Didn't they have a problem with the British Museum (?) selling replica plates in London last year???

I think it was sorted.

Dusty

Post subject: plates on outside
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:55 pm 
all i can say is thinnk yourselfs lucky that you have plates on the outside of the vehicle, here in in edinburgh the council does not allow plates on the outside. and i may add the private hire is not allowed on the greenways?

Post subject: Re: plates on outside
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:03 pm 

edinburgh p h c driver wrote:
all i can say is think yourselfs lucky that you have plates on the outside of the vehicle, here in in edinburgh the council does not allow plates on the outside. and i may add the private hire is not allowed on the greenways?

Absolute madness, about not having plates on the outside, do they hide them in the boot?

Absolute madness also, that I'm led to believe that Edinburgh PH vehicles don't have plates at all.

Absolute madness yet again, that PH vehicles aren't allowed in the Greenways, even though I haven't the foggiest where that is. But I assume it's a place that people wish to be taken home in a licensed vehicle.

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:22 pm 

Isnt that St Andrews? If so then too right!!!!.. I dont want ANY cars on my golf course down here :lol: