Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: MOT
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:33 pm 

How many places require both Mot AND council Taxi test ? Here in Ellesmere Port we have to have both which i think is a joke as my MOT runs out a month before the council test :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:06 pm 

Do your local authority issue a compliance certificate?

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:44 pm 

It was just some kind of checklist that i had to hand to the council offices in order to get the plate. The council test here is only like a part-Mot test as they dont check the emissions as well as a few other things :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:16 pm 

its the same thing down here, just the one council test. looks nothing like a regular MOT cert, but you can use it to get car tax etc...

Post subject: Re: MOT
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:41 pm 

LeonElport wrote:
How many places require both Mot AND council Taxi test ? Here in Ellesmere Port we have to have both which i think is a joke as my MOT runs out a month before the council test :cry:

here in crewe & nantwich we to have to have both ,ive known vehicles have a mot day before council test and still fail council test :shock:

but c & n council offer us a discount if we have both tests done at the same time as they also do mots

seems crazy we have to have both ,if you had a vehicle motd say a few months before council test and the emissions went wrong it wouldnt fail council test as it doesnt inc emissions but you would still have a unroadworthy vehicle that the council would pass if everything else was ok :?

Post subject: Re: MOT
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:30 am 
LeonElport wrote:

Our MOT's are tied in with the annual tests, you have a test then you have to drive round the council yard then go back on the ramps for your MOT.