Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:32 am 
the problem with illegal immigrants is they are not lisenced if they were there would be no problem for a while ,that is untill they got fed up doing the job then started hiring out their lisence say for 50 quid a week
(i think you know where im heading with this)then you would get legal immigrants shouting youre not supposed to be here im naming you too dundee cabs officer i hope he pulls your lisence,but the illegal immigrants would ignore this and employ four other illegals to work for him causing all the legal ones a lot of grief,eventually say after fifteen years the council would act and say only cocklpickers with wheelchair acessable transport get new lisenses ,this would throw the hole cocklepicking game into turmoil,too many lisences get them off the road would be a common sound,further complications could arise from a cocklepicker standing in the same clothes he,s been wearing for the last five years working next to a new lisence holder in a brand new eurobus....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:54 am 
scot wrote:
the problem with illegal immigrants is they are not lisenced if they were there would be no problem for a while ,that is untill they got fed up doing the job then started hiring out their lisence say for 50 quid a week
(i think you know where im heading with this)then you would get legal immigrants shouting youre not supposed to be here im naming you too dundee cabs officer i hope he pulls your lisence,but the illegal immigrants would ignore this and employ four other illegals to work for him causing all the legal ones a lot of grief,eventually say after fifteen years the council would act and say only cocklpickers with wheelchair acessable transport get new lisenses ,this would throw the hole cocklepicking game into turmoil,too many lisences get them off the road would be a common sound,further complications could arise from a cocklepicker standing in the same clothes he,s been wearing for the last five years working next to a new lisence holder in a brand new eurobus....

Scott,

do you have a problem up there with this?
or is this just a fear?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:23 am 
Some of you are plumbing the depths on this one, makes you wonder what goes on in your heads, it feels like I have the starring role in one flew over the cuckoos nest ( pre lobotomy of course) gives us all a bad name if you ask me :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:57 am 

It's nice to see that TDO is remaining very PC. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:45 pm 

Police have solved the Morecambe Bay tragedy:
the pickers were told to come out of the water
when it hit knee high. Unfortunately Nee Hi
was sitting in the van

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:05 pm 
Ah the old chestnut, people want a WAV but can't be bothered to pick the wheelchairs up, if you can't do the job send the plate back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:48 pm 

Nidge wrote:
Ah the old chestnut, people want a WAV but can't be bothered to pick the wheelchairs up, if you can't do the job send the plate back.

Spoken like a true saloon driver. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:41 pm 
scot wrote:
this is what took up the entire front page of the dundee evening telegraph sad or what
http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/outpu ... 644t0.shtm

Some kind soul even sent us a picture.

Do you always get such a bad press in Dundee :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:16 pm 

I liked the banner headline in green...call for reshaping of Scottish Football.. What shape of ball are they using?
Ged

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:21 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
Nidge wrote:

Spoken like a true saloon driver. :?

Ex WAV driver to don't forget Tx1 and Nissan Versa Cab :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Oh happy days :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject: scott
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:11 pm 
Would love to find the thousands of wheelchair users,supposed to be in Dundee.
Would start a business up there if so.
Be Happy,DOOOOOOBLO MAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:42 pm 
how many of the new wavs in dundee are working through an office?
If more than half just work the street theres not much chance of them ever getting a wheeliebin. (sorry,wheelchair customer)
As most drivers are sel emplyed they can work as they like! it should be up to the companys to ensure a proper wheelchair service!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:05 pm 
I think all the eurobuses should take a leaf out of davie youngs book and go independent and start thier own office to compete for all the wheelchair jobs....Dvie youngs complaining about the eurobuses why then has he got a eurobus working for his office then doulble standards i think there mate. :wink:

Post subject: Last Guest comment
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:08 pm 
Excuse me guest,it is Mr Young to you,if he wants double standards,then
fair enough.
He is doing a marvellous job with his 2/3,WAVS,and will be putting his
money where his mouth is in a couple of months time.
50 NEW WAVS?.
Then the ball will burst in Dundee and a considerable ammount of
drivers/operators,will be going bust and looking at Mr Young for a job.
Ye mr guest of no faith.

Come on down and join the elite.
Doblo drivers welcome. TARA

Post subject: WAV EUROBUS
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:14 pm 
Noway hosey.
These people got the option of receiving a hackney plate,if they put on
a wav.
All this crap trap about self employed ect.
They have their plate,now do a service to the disable.
What is the matter with them,scared of hard work,take the cream and
to hell with the rest.
Any way how many wheelchair customers are there in Dundee,cannot be that many,as some guys have had wavs on for some time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next