Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:18 pm 

But the PH will still be picking up from where the HC boys used to.

What a victory for the T&G. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:23 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
But the PH will still be picking up from where the HC boys used to.

What a victory for the T&G. :shock:

Read it right it said the PH had been moved out of view of the public, the HC lads can again use the forecourt. :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:34 pm 

No that's not what is happening, and you know it. :(

The PH are called via the box, to pick-up the ex (lost by T&G dogma) HC customers.

The HC boys can be flagged from the road, but they are not permitted to ply on the station.

Tell the truth Nigel, go on give it a go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:50 pm 
It might be a good idea to phone up the station masters office at Watford Station, or the private hire firm that now has the contract and find out what the situation is down there. Instead of all this claim and counter claim.

Best wishes

John Davies.
Manchester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:51 pm 

I did John. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:59 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
I did John. :wink:

I had a feeling somebody would have phoned. Tell me, what is the actual position down there?

Best wishes

John Davies
Manchester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:02 pm 
Talking to yourself again Sussex? It's the first sign of madnes you know :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:19 pm 

Oh my goodness me !!!!

For f***s sake John, Ged, anyone tell Nigel that I'm not John. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:24 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
Oh my goodness me !!!!

For f***s sake John, Ged, anyone tell Nigel that I'm not John. :shock:

lol Don't u like being me? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:24 pm 

John Davies wrote:
I had a feeling somebody would have phoned. Tell me, what is the actual position down there?

The PH firm, AA something or other, have a booking office near or on where the HC rank used to be.

Customers are given a ticket with a number on, the PH is called and picks up the customer. I'm not sure where they sit, but customers are not drawn to them, they are drawn to the booking office.

If customers flag down HC from the station, that's OK, but they are not permitted to ply on Watford station property.

Even with that big bad stiff letter. :wink:

John :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:55 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
John Davies wrote:

The PH firm, AA something or other, have a booking office near or on where the HC rank used to be.

Customers are given a ticket with a number on, the PH is called and picks up the customer. I'm not sure where they sit, but customers are not drawn to them, they are drawn to the booking office.

If customers flag down HC from the station, that's OK, but they are not permitted to ply on Watford station property.

Even with that big bad stiff letter. :wink:

John :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank you for that. It would be interesting to see what was said in these letters. I don't supose you have any idea where the P/H firm are positioning their vehicles prior to taking the hire?

Are you sure the railway said Hackney cabs can pick up at the staion? If that is the case then the railway are treating the station approach as being a public road. I'm surprised the railway said Hackney cabs could pick up. I would have thought they may have tested their legal right to restrict plying for on railway property in the court.

Best wishes

John Davies.
Manchester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:13 pm 

I think they would have to go out to the road to be picked up, but by all accounts, it's only a matter of yards.

The HCs are permitted to drop off at the station, just not stay there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:21 pm 
Quote:

I just phoned one of the local hackney firms down there I spoke to the radio operator who informed me that the Black and Whites are ranking up on I think it was Grovenor road, just down the road from the station.

He said the p/h vehicles are ranking up on the station where the Hackneys used to rank up. I find that hard beleive but thats what he said.

He seemed to think the Hackneys could pick up at the station but when I pressed him if the Hackneys had received confirmation of that from the Railway Authority he didn't know. He did however say that the Hackneys could pick up pre booked jobs but that goes without question.

I would prefer to have confirmation from the railway authoriities before I accepted the information that Hackney cabs can pick up at the station.

I presume all will be revealed very shortly.

Best wishes

John Davies
Manchester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:49 pm 

Tom Thumb wrote:
Keep up Andy or Wharfie will tell you off.

Gatwick use to have Gatwick Cars. About five years ago it decided (probably prompted by Mr Matthews) to go out to tender.

The result of the tender was Airport Carz got one terminal and Checkers (what was that lovely man called?) got the other.

Matthews had some serious 'industrial problems' with the drivers he inherited, basically RM wanted them to work a bit longer for a lot less.

RM either walked or was pushed and Checkers found themselves with both terminals (lovely FAT man, full of p155).

Later on I believe (Ged will confirm) Manchester Airport decided to follow the pattern set at Stansted, Gatwick etc and gave rights to Checkers. Checkers then had difficulties (Fat man got found out) and Manchester turned to RM to offer them a cut, sorry service.

Thank you for that Tom. Who says this site isnt educational?

For my next mischevious question, has RM had a stiff letter off the T&G, and, assuming he must have had one, as he has been around quite a while, what affect did it have on him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:52 pm 

Sussex Man wrote:
Tom Thumb wrote:
RM either walked or was pushed and Checkers found themselves with both terminals (lovely FAT man, full of p155).

I was going to ask you about him, does he still have his mini-cabs firms?

Got a lovely house in Brighton though, but not through hard work. :(

Who are you asking about Uncle Sux? RM or Fat Man?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next